Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

'05/'06 Build and Front PDC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Masontech

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
'05/'06 Build and Front PDC

Hi, I ordered a TD6 SE last week. My requirements were PDC Front and Rear (this car is for the wife and the F&R PDC on the Range Rover were invaluable!), Bi-Xenons, Roof Rails, Auto, and Privacy Glass.

Now, I was not in any hurry for the car as we are expecting twins in July and need the extra seats that our Range Rover does not have. I was more than happy to wait for a factory order.

Dealer gave me what I think is a pretty good deal, and let me know last Thursday that they had located me an exact match. Anyway, went to inspect the car on Saturday and guess what, no front PDC.

I guess I have got a '05 build car with the Bi-Xenons as standard and I also guess that as well as the missing front PDC, the roof rails and also cooled cubby box will be missing.

The annoying thing is that I stated right from the off that the Bi-Xenons, front PDC and roof rails were mandatory.

Now, I pointed the lack of front PDC out to the saleperson who blamed it on Landrover as they sometimes do that. Hmmm, miss things off production?

Anyway, I am going to speak to the dealer tommorow as I am car-less and supposed to be picking the car up tomorrow as I traded in the Range Rover on Saturday to avoid another finace payment.

What I am asking is if anybody can let me know what the front PDC operation is?. On the Range Rover, the front and rear PDC was easy to distinguish with different audible signals. Is this the same on the D3 or are there also visual indications like on the Cayenne?

The dealer stated that he will "dealer fit" this. I just need to ensure that they don't try to palm me off with some after market bodge. I have also seen other posts that stated that the dealer would not do this. If this is the case, it is goodbye to that D3!

Thanks in anticipaction. Once this is sorted, I will be letting my feelings known about the lack of cooled cubby box, which I presume is impossible to "dealer fit".

I will report back as to my progress with this issue, fingers crossed!

Also, I would be interested if anybody else has any experience with similar problems.

A..

Post #5017226th Mar 2006 9:08 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sounds like the dealer didn't check the spec. If you ordered a car with PDC, roof rails and the cooler then that's what you should get. This is becoming quite a 'common' issue with the spec changes between '05 and '06, obviously there are quite a few '05 cars still hanging about waiting for dealers to get rid.

Your dealer will probably try to push the car on you anyway, but if it's not what you want and you'd be happier with the car you ordered rather than with a 'wrong' D3 then tell your dealer that!

I don't think anyone has had the 'factory' front PDC retrofitted as yet, so it is likely to be an aftermarket fit from the dealer Confused

Welcome to DISCO3 by the way, sorry you're having a bit of bumpy start to D3 ownership Confused
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #5018926th Mar 2006 9:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

The sound is different front and back, I wouldn't have thought it that difficult to fit.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5019226th Mar 2006 9:57 pm
Masontech

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Progress...

Well, I am not picking up the car tonight as planned, but instead getting the car on Thursday and also getting my Range Rover back as a hire car until then.

The dealer has acknowledged that this is an 05 build and they are dealer fitting the front PDC and Roof rails to the car for Thursday. They cannot dealer fit the cooled cubby box but are willing to fit the steel side bars to the car free of charge instead. I am happy with this so fingers crossed for Thursday!

A..

Post #5036427th Mar 2006 12:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >