Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 07 Black HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
welldriven

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I finally got round to removing the old silver badges at the weekend and gave the areas a good scrub before fitting these new gloss black badges. Personally I really like the black on black look.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Next up is new tyres - looking like a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs unless someone can convince me otherwise!
 2007 Black Discovery 3 HSE TDV6 - Fully loaded. Extended roof rails, EGR blanks, side steps, Grabber ATs.
2013 Red Fiat 500S - Completely standard... (the Mrs' car)
1991 BRG Eunos Roadster V-Spec - New project car 

Post #17998564th Apr 2017 6:14 pm
welldriven

Over the weekend I decided to continue to change some of the badges on the Disco, I ordered some of the newer silver and green ovals to replace my faded gold and green ones. I personally really like them, I think they are a very subtle change but they go well with the black and the black badges.

Before:

After:

I also have some little Union Jack badges, the same size as the G4 ones that go under the side repeaters, but I am still unsure of how they will look, so they will probably stay in an envelope for a while...

All was going well, I've had the oil pump changed, the aux belt and pulley tensioner replaced, everything was finally running smoothly ................... until this morning when I went to fire it up to go to work. Nothing. Everything lit up in the cabin as it should, but turn the key and all I got was a single click.

Fortunately, due to various bank accounts and warranty schemes I had 3 recovery plans to choose from - RAC were fantastic today, I had the first van out within an hour, they thought it was the battery so tried to start it and then decided it was actually the starter motor had died, so they called a flat bed out which again came within an hour - completely unheard of in my experience!

The car is now back at what seems to be its second home at Wicken 4x4 - just a couple of villages away from me and I have a slightly tired, but running D2 td5 for the next few days!

A common sight these days...

You might be able to spot the Urban Automotive 110 in the background, very cool piece of kit!

Fortunately this is all covered under the warranty so it should be sorted and back on my drive soon.
 2007 Black Discovery 3 HSE TDV6 - Fully loaded. Extended roof rails, EGR blanks, side steps, Grabber ATs.

Post #18341766th Jul 2017 11:27 am
welldriven

Turned out to be a false alarm, the connector had come loose and now it fires up again with no issues. There was a chap in there looking for a D3 for his wife though so we exchanged numbers... I guess I'll see what happens there! No idea what I'd replace it with at the moment if it does go though...

Post #18345647th Jul 2017 3:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >