Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

1+ Month to fix my car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Don't want to dampen your spirits, but we had a rear quarter panel done by Nationwide and they did a terrible,= job, didn't line up, paint wrong colour, boot hit the upper hing panel and took all the new paint off, hand prints all over the interior, broken clips holding trim, they sprayed the rear door to blend the colour and tried to put the window trim back which was all bent.

Took the car back and told them it was a rubbish job and pointed out all the problems, they apologised and took it back to do again. This time it looked ok, but when I opened the rear there was only one fixing holding it on.

In my opinion Nationwide are a rubbish outfit which tries to rush cars through without any basic quality control. Strangely they also told me the box had the wrong part in which is why it took 2-3 weeks to do.

I really hope you get your car back in a good state, but my advice is too really inspect everything before you leave.

Post #28011431st Mar 2008 7:53 pm
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

LR approved repairers are listed in the vehicle manual (at least they are in Australia).. i wouldn't give a toss as to what the insurers say...

good luck Smile
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #28017331st Mar 2008 9:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Forgot to mention is was not a Discovery we had repaired, it was a new shape Fiat Ulysse which had a carbon fibre type panel.

Post #28017631st Mar 2008 9:23 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I agree with countrywide's comments, I had a car repaired by Nationwide a few years back. I should have realised they were a cowboy outfit when I had to go back with the car they loaned me, because it had no spare wheel, and there was my car on the forecourt with the words 'very fussy' crayoned on the windscreen Laughing Well alarm bells did ring then, I can tell you, but I was daft enough to let them carry on and repair it. The paint match wasn't bad, but the panel alignment was not good, and even after taking it back, I still had to align a door myself to get it right. If you can bale out mate, do it now, and take it to someone who is competent. Thumbs Up

Post #28018131st Mar 2008 9:26 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

They are officially rubbish. Sad
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #28019831st Mar 2008 9:45 pm
B19DEF

A pal of mine had his clio repaired by nationwide in huddersfield, came back with a kink still in the roof........they said it was standard to model when he complained...... Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes muppets.

Post #28026131st Mar 2008 11:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >