Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

1+ Month to fix my car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Martin Clay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
1+ Month to fix my car

1st March, a stone roof slate comes off in a storm and hits my car. Big Cry

Next morning, I inform LR Insurance and take the car to Copley LR (my dealer of choice). I find out that Copley don't do body repairs and so refer it back to the insurance Co. Copley were very helpfull and gave me use of an office and phone to sort it out. They also agreed to store the car till it was collected. LR insurance could not provide a loan car till the next Monday morning and left me stranded. Evil or Very Mad

The car is taken to Nationwide Crash Repair Centre in Huddersfield. A new rear corner panel was ordered through Rocar Moors who they are contracted to. I am given a Seat Ibiza as a loan car. Rolling with laughter Estimated date for return of my car is 20th March. Mad

17th march, Nationwide ring to tell me that the panel has arrived but the wrong side was in the box. I complain to LR Insurance who just gave me standard answers. I also point out that I have several date coming up when I need 7 seats. LR Insurance state that they only provide a class B car. Nationwide tell me that they will look into the options.

26th March, Nationwide ring to say the correct part is expected 8th April then 3-4 days to fit and spray. I ring LR Customer Relations who tell me I am lucky if I have an expected delivery date. Shocked LR Insurance still gave standard answers.

1+ Months to fix a dent and replace a window. LR Insurance don't seem to care, LR Customer Relations say I am lucky and Nationwide are blaming LR. Evil or Very Mad

Oh and I am facing major roof repair and Halifax Insurance are claiming wear & tear.

Worst of all, I miss my car. Big Cry
 Discovery 3 Metropolis Zermat Silver  
Post #27847027th Mar 2008 10:56 pm
Martin Clay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

See my gallary for pictures[/img]
Post #27847127th Mar 2008 10:57 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

That is a bum deal Embarassed

See my post about rocar Moores http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic19967.html

My buildings insurance is just about to pay out on replacement of all my ridge tiles, one of them went straight through a neighbours window Embarassed (NatWest) suggest to them that you will change as soon as you are able.

On the upside it only cost £170 to have them all replaced including labour Thumbs Up

Good luck with the car, I have found that he who shouts loudest gets sorted first with insurance
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #27847427th Mar 2008 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pikey

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Seat Ibiza - sounds like a limo compaired to a TATA!

Come to think of it you could probably order a TATA with optional ridge tiles.
Laughing Censored

Post #27848527th Mar 2008 11:24 pm
Neil Pettersen

Re: 1+ Month to fix my car

Martin Clay wrote:

Oh and I am facing major roof repair and Halifax Insurance are claiming wear & tear.

The first and only time I claimed for roof damage was in an Easter storm 1987 Leamington Spa.
Legal and General tried to knock it back on wear and tear.
After a letter from my solicitor.......they paid the lot.

Ever since then I've insured with Pharmacy Guild........few problems with your own "group",
if you know what I mean.

Investigate insurance through profession/employer group.....you may be pleasantly surprised Martin. Smile

Post #27855428th Mar 2008 3:55 am
kevi

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

when i had a prang my insurace co offered me a fiesta , so i told them it better have a tow bar or a good rope as i intended to tow a 25ft tintent with it , soon changed thair minds when i remained adament that i would .
you a paying to insure a disco , so why suffer a crap small car , just because they are paying the hire costs
 Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

2 Too many seats now
No trouble so far
tow pack, tasmods sills
IT goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows 

Post #27884928th Mar 2008 8:31 pm
SN

90BHP wrote:

On the upside it only cost £170 to have them all replaced including labour Thumbs Up
Thats cheap - I have a quote from a 'mate' for more than twice that much to do mine Confused

Also - I'm a bit P-O'ed about that "Group B" nonsense from LR Insurance (even though LRI are just one of the major insurance companies with a green oval sticker on) - if I have to call on them I expect a 7 seat loaner
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #27886128th Mar 2008 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Then you'd better pay a higher premium. The T&Cs state you get a group B, you pay for a group B, you get a group B. It's all priced into the premium.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #27887728th Mar 2008 9:18 pm
SN

Insurance=Highway Robbery Evil or Very Mad

On reflection - in nearly 25 years of driving, and a couple of incidents where my vehicle was off the road being fixed, I've never had a loaner Neutral
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #27887828th Mar 2008 9:19 pm
kevi

try the NFU heavy for new cars , but comes down with age , been with them last 12yrs

2 Too many seats now
No trouble so far
tow pack, tasmods sills
IT goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows 

Post #27888528th Mar 2008 9:39 pm
kevi

BTW if you breakdown and call LR assist and need a lift home , they will not take pets , as i found out tuesday

against thair policy , so were does that leave the pet , wot do you do , wait on side of road till somone comes along to pick it up ?

2 Too many seats now
No trouble so far
tow pack, tasmods sills

Post #27888628th Mar 2008 9:45 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

SN wrote:
Insurance=Highway Robbery Evil or Very Mad

On reflection - in nearly 25 years of driving, and a couple of incidents where my vehicle was off the road being fixed, I've never had a loaner Neutral

Not expecting to hear the steady drip, drip, drip of bleeding hearts, but insurers have been losing money hand over fist in recent years, particularly on first-year motor policies. Sadly there is so much fraud around that joe law-abiding gets it in the wallet with each successive renewal notice. Best you can do is shop around at each renewal and watch what level of cover you actually have.

A typical premium for a D3 will just about pay for 3 panels to be resprayed (no panel beating) after you've paid your excess.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #27889928th Mar 2008 10:14 pm
Martin Clay

National rang yesterday to tell me that the panel is in and they hope to have the car ready for next Thursday. Thumbs Up
Post #27907729th Mar 2008 9:35 am
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: 1+ Month to fix my car

Martin Clay wrote:
A new rear corner panel was ordered through Rocar Moors who ......

Just a thought.... Exclamation

I had a small dent in the rear quater panel last year (next to the filler cap) and my LR approved repairer told me that the quarter panel is entirely a one piece section along the whole side of the car. That is, the panel extends to the roof, around the rear window and around the door sills up to the A pillar. (someone in the know can confirm this!!)

I was left with the dilemma of deciding to replace the entire side of the vehicle for one small scratch or to repair existing panel as good as possible. Obviously I went for the less hassle option, (most people will) but the insurance was prepared to pay for the whole work!!

I suspect that your repairer is going to cut and replace a small section only, (perhaps from another damaged vehicle Question ) therefore raising my suspicions about their claims of the wrong part arriving in the box. Not important but worth noting to see if they're having a lend of you. Thumbs Up

by the way, don't be too dissapointed... my vehcile was in the rapair shop for 9 weeks (rear suspension damage as well). Big Cry Big Cry
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #27980531st Mar 2008 5:21 am
Martin Clay

Cheers for that mobyone. Thumbs Up I will definately be looking at the fix when I pick it up and I'll let you know what I find. I dont like the idea of part panels being used on my car. I will probobly ask them stright if they have used a complete panel or not.

Interestingly, Nationwide Crash repair told me when I left the car that they were LR approved. While complaining to LR customer services about the situatuon, they told me that Nationwide were not on the LR approved list. Shocked One of the reasons I went with LR Insurance was that I could be happy knowing only LR people have worked on the car. That benafit has gone out of the window which I'm not happy about. I will continue to persue this as somone is not telling me the truth.
Post #28009131st Mar 2008 6:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >