Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

19x9J RRS wheels to D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
festival-of-speed

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
19x9J RRS wheels to D3

I currently have MTRs on original 19x8 LR rims. I have just picked up some OE RRS 19x9 rims (4th image down on DSLs original post http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic13859.html )to give a little more outer clearence for my Brembos Thumbs Up

I have fitted a loose wheel to one side to check clearences before having the tyres fitted - the gap between the back of the rim and the "upright" is much closer than the norrower original wheels.

Is it recommended to fit spacers / offset with 19x9" rims to give more space between tyre and upright, or will there be enough tyre clearence even with MTRs fitted?

Thanks,
Ross
 '05 HSE, Tonga Green, G4 Expo rack, G4 ladder, 19" MTRs, RRS S/C Brembos and rear brakes, JE Stage 1 tune, ITG Pro filter, Black/silver badging, loadspace slider.
Club MTR
Club Brembo
Series IIA "Charlotte" for proper offroad

"Don't wait for you ship to come in....swim out and meet the bloody thing." - Barry Sheene 

Post #55287618th Nov 2009 11:44 am
SN

a number of us have the 9inch RRS wheels (image 3) with MTRs - no spacers, no problems (see my avatar) - I assume the ones 4th down are no different

but then I have ordinary brakes.... Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #55287918th Nov 2009 11:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ken

Depends on the Brembo's

Post #55288318th Nov 2009 11:53 am
al cope

England 

Simonsi had these on his (albeit without MTRs, just standard road tyres), with Brembos fitted, no spacers, all OK.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #55288418th Nov 2009 11:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
festival-of-speed

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks chaps, Thumbs Up

There seems to be no issue with the Brembos - everything clears those. The larger disc hub section is the same profile as the normal size disc hub section, so that shouldn't affect the offset as the rim is not brought in closer - should be good to go then!!?!
 '05 HSE, Tonga Green, G4 Expo rack, G4 ladder, 19" MTRs, RRS S/C Brembos and rear brakes, JE Stage 1 tune, ITG Pro filter, Black/silver badging, loadspace slider.
Club MTR
Club Brembo
Series IIA "Charlotte" for proper offroad

"Don't wait for you ship to come in....swim out and meet the bloody thing." - Barry Sheene 

Post #55289018th Nov 2009 12:00 pm
AWD man

England 

Al,

I've just read that thread by DSL for the 1st time and I notice you correctly stated the 295 UHP' and V Spoke alloys was a no go (in your opinion). Thumbs Up

They look a heap better with them on though Mr. Green (and 3mm spacers to get them to spin)
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #55648626th Nov 2009 3:12 pm
al cope

England 

I really liked the V spokes, and had two sets on my Tonga Green D3, but for some reason, once on, I just couldnt take to them, so eventually went for Stormers (which I didnt want to start with), but I think look better on a dark coloured car. I kept them and put them on my Teal D3, still looking good.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #55649226th Nov 2009 3:23 pm
AWD man

England 

I do like the stormers and if my D3 hadn't come with the V spokes already on I'd have probably gone dowe the stormer route... but I'm liking being "different" at the moment! Mr. Green
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #55649726th Nov 2009 3:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >