Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

2,000 miles in ten days...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
2,000 miles in ten days...

The miles were eaten up. A ten day trip to see the inlaws, a 50th birthday and a friends wedding in the Czech Republic were made a joy by the D3.

Had a couple of funny moments in it, and am looking for a bit of advice:

1. Stopped for a sleep on the drive out, turned engine off, moved seat back and lowered seat back to have a sleep. Pulled key out, slept and woke up and pushed memory button 1 and nothing. I had lost all of my memory settings for the drivers seat, and also the lazy entry etc...I went back into the dash and changed all the settings back to what I wanted them to be and all is now ok. Any ideas?

2. Intermittent sound just before coming to a stop. Sounds like something is breaking up. I was trying to elimiate the noise by turning things off like the air con, but to no avail. I suppose I will let it develop and see what happens.

3. Fuel consumption on the way out was down by about 10%. The dash normally indicates about 33.5mpg (I appreciate this is not the real figure), but this time on the way out to Czech the best it ever got to and stayed at was 31.3mpg and I found it was affected a lot more affected by hills than it normally is. The way back the average dropped to 30.3mpg, but I did have all of our luggage, extra food, drink, a garden bench, garden table and four garden chairs which the D3 boot swallowed up very nicely indeed! Due it's 5 year 75k service next month, so could it be something simple like a fuel filter is due to be replaced which may cure the fuel consumption issue a bit?

Cheers
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #9394927th Jun 2012 2:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >