Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

2.7 HSE in France
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
roger hurkett

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
2.7 HSE in France

Came across an ex.pat living in France who has recently bought an ex display lefty from a dealer in Brive. Dave does not have access to the internet so I've agreed to assist. The D3 is badged HSE but does not seem to be better spec. than my SE. Anyway, the dealer does not seem to want to deal with his problems or have knowledge of recall issues. I will list his gripes and hope members can assist with known cures. Laughing

1 Auto box won't hold on inclines at junctions.
2 Reverse & front sensors are intermittent. (new module ?)
3 Park brake sometimes won't release. (spring recall ?)
4 Front tyres scrubbing after only 17000km. (geom. recall ?)
5 Poor Lt. per 100km. (MPG). I get av. 25mpg which is'nt bad but mine is manual.
6 If not used for a day or two, it will not engage drive, he has to kill engine and try again (poss. park brake ?)

Quite a list!!! Dave asks, if he brings the car back to Blighty is there known to be a L>R> agent in the Hampshire area who would willingly undertake the warranty work ?
 Ex. owner Dodgy Ram 2500 6ltr. Cummins, now owner c/be dodgy Disco3 Come back Toyota all is forgiven.  
Post #4841218th Mar 2006 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

If these are warranty issues and the dealer doesn't want to know contact LR customer services either in France or maybe in UK and tell them the story!
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #4841518th Mar 2006 3:09 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

tell him to take it back and insist they fix it under warranty or repay him... walk away and choose a D3 thats been looked after and serviced correctly.

-s

Post #4842118th Mar 2006 5:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Oh and make sure he did not pay HSE prices either. A number of dealer cars last year were mis-badged. And a good number got sold mis-badged too. There is one round by us thats badged an SE but is same spec as my S

-s

Post #4842218th Mar 2006 5:05 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Take also care that badging might be different in France and in the UK... Thus check the website to make sure that this one has what it should have...

Otherwise write a letter to the DG in France and ask him what he thinks... he might answer ! One day... Wink

Post #4852519th Mar 2006 3:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
roger hurkett

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Disco 3 in France

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks 'Very Annoyed', Simon and Gurvan for your replies. I am going back to France at the weekend, this time to rip out the lounge ceiling. I will pass on info to Dave but b4 I leave could anyone with an auto box D3 confirm if the torque converter will hold the vehicle on an incline? Also has any owner had problems with gettig going once drive is selected? Dave is going to the dealer in Limoge to have the other problems resolved.

Gurvan, it seems the French version of the HSE has a lower spec level than the U.K. equivalent. Thanks for making the point.
 Ex. owner Dodgy Ram 2500 6ltr. Cummins, now owner c/be dodgy Disco3 Come back Toyota all is forgiven.  
Post #4886720th Mar 2006 7:13 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Disco 3 in France

roger hurkett wrote:
... b4 I leave could anyone with an auto box D3 confirm if the torque converter will hold the vehicle on an incline?

Depends on the incline, of course... But on anything less than say 30°, it holds the vehicle steady... And above that it might not, but then it is very slow movement backward...

roger hurkett wrote:
Also has any owner had problems with gettig going once drive is selected?

Remember that the car is heavy... But if you put "the pedal to the metal", the results should come prety quick ! Very Happy

roger hurkett wrote:
Gurvan, it seems the French version of the HSE has a lower spec level than the U.K. equivalent. Thanks for making the point.

No problem... That was the feeling I got reading that website... Wink Pay attention also to the fact that the TMC on a sat-nav equiped car, is not working in France... Sad

Post #4887020th Mar 2006 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >