Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

2 weeks in...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Johnny5

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
2 weeks in...

After the first fortnight of running my pre-owned Disco TDV6, it's looking good! Very good....

This was a 6000 miler from Pilling (WGC) in Atacama Sand, with 6000 miles, and looking literally like brand new.

Options included Autobox, Bright pack, Hi-Ice pack, Bluetooth/ /Voice acticated phone, Towpack, 19" wheels, Cold weather pack and a few more like cruise and complete rubber mat set, so it's more like an XS spec wise.

Faults are non existent as I type, everything works just fine, and there isn't a blemish to suggest it's been unwrapped yet, the fuel consumption is hovering around the 27mpg mark with normal use, but suspect it will improve to 28-29 on motorways.

It has slowed me down to legal speeds thats for sure..... Laughing

Before I even open the door it looks great. I get more of a 'feel good' from this than a previous Lexus LS430 (Beautiful car, mind...) and stepping up into the cabin is even better. The engines muted growl is always a pleasure to hear, and the mechanicals unobtrusively strut their funky stuff without so much as a murmer.

This is a very very refined piece of kit, quite unlike previous LR offerings!

Although the seat is a bit too squishy, comfort and toys all score highly, the view is impeccable and driving enjoyment most satisfying as I'm sure you all know!

The space inside is a revalation. Sofa's fit in the back, half a garage full of crap is swallowed easily, it's bloody great for shifting things. Being, at the end of the day, a Land Rover, I'm not too precious about it either. In car parks it has the upper hand, motorists no longer attempt to cut me up, and traffic jams are more bearable too.

I think I like this more than any previous car i have owned in 25 years, and thats includes just about everything this side of a Porsche 911 you can think of.

Well done Land Rover, you have achieved the unexpected! Bow down

Thanks for a most helpful forum too guys! Very Happy

Post #2206983rd Nov 2007 10:17 am
yaugher

United Kingdom 

Great to hear your coments and the pleaseure the D3 is giving u...
Ditto from me after first month use and 3,000 miles on mine!

Post #2207023rd Nov 2007 10:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dexter

Scotland 

Nice colour choice Johnny5, quite fancied that myself but couldn't get one in time.

Thumbs Up

Post #2207453rd Nov 2007 5:44 pm
Johnny5

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Glad to hear it Yaugher! Very Happy

Dex, it wasn't my first choice. They had Black, which was nice if a little ahem common, and this one was a little marked in places, Grey which was lovely but missing the spec of mine, and Blue which was a tad higher on the miles.

The Atacama seemed to have been marked down, and once I got the salesman to admit it was a slow moving colour, kicked him hard in the knackers. That said, £26K is probably the going rate for a 12 month old one, although it seemed to have just about every extra a sane person would fit to an 'S'

Oh, I forgot the Towpack, Climate control and load cover Laughing

The colour would not have been first choice, that said it looks a miwwion dollars when cleaned, and I love the Beige tweed trim. Very 'country' and like Silver (Yaaaawn) very practical 8)

Post #2208133rd Nov 2007 10:31 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Well the D3 has the auto box of an aston martin DB9, a Jag engine, air suspension and terrain response, would I prefer a rolls royce ?

Yes because I could sell it and buy a black D3, a silver D3, a Blue D3 and a grey D3 for the same money plus a modest caravan and a boat and go on adventures etc that you just couldnt do in a roller.

Fantasmic.
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #2208374th Nov 2007 12:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >