DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

2 years deferred payment offer / Colours
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gregd

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
2 years deferred payment offer / Colours

Hi Folks

I've just registered after lurking for a couple of days. REALLY helpful site! I'm currently in the process of speccing up a D4 (probably an XS with Xenons, premium nav, 20" alloys, TV tuner.. any other vital things I've missed Smile ??) and I'm hoping to take advantage of the 2 payments in 2 years O% plan. With the long lead times at the moment what are the chances of getting a D4 registered before the 31st March expiry date of this offer do you think? From experience do you think there is much leeway on this for a vehicle ordered in the next few weeks? ie would a dealer still honour the finance deal if earliest delivery isn't until April do you think?

The current deal (plus if I can get a decent % off through going via a broker.. Motorlogix or whoever) makes a new D4 attractive to me over a used late model D3 or older used FFRR but I don't want to rush my order before I've had the chance to get down to a dealer and test drive, agonise over spec etc (part of the fun for me with any new car!).

On a totally different note I feel like I need to see a few more cars in the metal to make my mind up on colour choice. Nara Bronze looks nice but I'd like to see a White one (saves a few quid on metallic too) or Bournville Brown too (these latter two colours seem to be making a comeback of late but one wonders what they would do to residual values).. With a silver Merc and a grey Beemer in the family fleet at the moment I fancy a change!!

I also wish there was a brown leather option (any plans to add one?) as the lighter leathers aren't too kid/dog friendly (mine are mud magnets) and I'm kind of bored of black leather which is what I'd go for at the moment.. A pal of mine has a silver X5 with brown leather which actually looks really smart.. Mind you Bourneville Brown with Brown leather would be overkill perhaps Smile !!

Anyone on the site got / seen any of these colours as yet and have any comments?

Greg

Post #5766468th Jan 2010 11:26 am
skinnyrunt23

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

i wasnt aware you could get the 0% offer with going through a broker like motologix.... I too am thinking of the white since it saves £500+ squid. Seen some pics on the net and it looks nice Thumbs Up I always thought with the finance that it was a sacrifice with the 0% offer since you would be less of a position to haggle, but I might be wrong.

Post #5775379th Jan 2010 11:16 am
gregd

Both my wife and the broker are trying to talk me out of white Smile Apparently the 2 yrs 0% finance offer should still be available via a broker, but the window of opportunity for this is fairly tight..

Post #57885711th Jan 2010 11:53 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

gregd
I have a D4 HSE with the light colour interior,Almond and Nutmeg I think it is called. I also have two mud magnets and even through the recent bad wet snowy and muddy weather the interior has stood up very very well. I would not worry to much about the light colour Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #57890611th Jan 2010 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

If a dealer has a vehicle scheduled for late Feb/early Mar that they can spec-change, then it should still come through with your amended spec before the 0% APP offer expires. The only issue could be that the dealers supplying via the brokers may have long lead times due to their prices.

Most importantly, get written commitment and a factory order number to ensure that they have amended a car for you as opposed to ordering a fresh order and crossing their fingers.

James Thumbs Up

Post #57892911th Jan 2010 1:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gregd

Thanks Russell, good info ref the light interior. Yours looks lovely by the way (Stornoway Grey?).. looks similar to the "Space Grey" on my current 3 series coupe (which was somewhat hairy in the snow this morning Smile !!)

Post #57893411th Jan 2010 2:02 pm
gregd

Many thanks James!

Post #57893711th Jan 2010 2:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >