Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 32 <123 ... 131415 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My cars finally after a month, get to stop doing the night time work run Very Happy Thud
After what was supposed to be a £475 bill for a job that was going to take 3 days ending up taking a month and costing £713, The Agila is back. Now my mileages and trips out will massively reduce over lockdown. Keeping myself busy with a maximum of an hour of light digging a day in the rear garden.
And next week as the weather is supposed to warm up briefly, then I will start tackling jobs on the cars. But time is running out fast with the campervan staying with me, So the campervan is now going to have to take priority for a few little jobs that are needed before I hand the keys back over to the previous owner. If we didn't have lockdown and the pandemic, we would have toured Scotland in the campervan, last year, but the campervan has ended up a thorn in my side to be honest.

Suspension faults since the weather dropped below 4 degrees again have all come back. I haven't had time to fart, let alone run diagnostics yet, but I suspect and hope it is just a steering angle sensor fault now. But still drives fantastically since the 4 wheel alignment and the caliper were replaced. And my partner is ecstatic that he no longer has to rely on me. He hates the Land Rovers soo much, he refused to drive either as a temporary solution Rolling with laughter Apart from 1 journey to collect the Discovery when he nearly reversed the Freelander into the porch wall forgetting that he was in something bigger than the Agila Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Still no snow here though Big Cry

Post #21999787th Jan 2021 10:15 pm
disco-nut

Went to fit the D4 lights and light guards today, only to discover that 2 of the brackets are missing, I am considering making a couple of brackets up, but would prefer just to buy some, but as I didn't have the complete set of brackets, I decided to not bother fitting the lights yet either, although I might get bored and do so tomorrow. Then a bargain of a trailer came up, I am fed up with filling the car up with building materials, so another trailer was the perfect solution, and after reading a vague description, and spotting it had brakes in the pictures along with a hitch no one seems to like, I cheekily offered waaaay less than the asking price as the guy said if he didn't sell it, he would scrap it, and snapped it up for a mere £20 and a 7 mile each way journey right on route to where I walk my dog regularly Very Happy Laughing

I know it needs mud guards, and I had to do repairs at the side of the road before I could even tow it home. But it is back now. And after re-arranging the cars on the drive, (still love saying that), the trailer is on. But once it is finished with, I am going to have to sell it as it is a little bit on the large side to what I thought it was going to be from the pictures Laughing My partner went to work just before I collected the trailer and will be coming home to find a trailer magically appeared on the drive Whistle

I might fit the D4 lights tomorrow. Don't know yet.

Now started a new business venture after someone made me a deal I couldn't refuse which involves the Discovery, and also another reason I have picked this trailer up. Hoping to get a fully enclosed box trailer after Covid-19 is over.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #220087210th Jan 2021 10:03 pm
disco-nut

I wasn't going to, but decided to fit the lights anyway. Definitely prefer these to the early lights. And also glad I decided not to get the black version as I don't think it would have suited the green.

I hope to give it a wash tomorrow.

Post #220107311th Jan 2021 2:22 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Give her a wash???

You know that is REALLY spoiling her Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #220111011th Jan 2021 4:11 pm
disco-nut

Actually, I am that bored, I am going to wash it in a minute.

Post #220114011th Jan 2021 5:33 pm
disco-nut

Gave the old beast a wash and got a photo of the LED reverse lights brightness. Brilliant bulbs.

Post #220119011th Jan 2021 7:33 pm
disco-nut

3 more weeks and the campervan is being delivered back to its owner. Under normal circumstances, I was happy to look after it, but after everything that has ended up happening with the vandalism and nightmare neighbour across the road, I will be glad of 1 less vehicle to worry about. So that got a machine polish, literally with Ms Powell stalking me whilst I was doing it, so guess it will get vandalised tonight Crying or Very sad We shall see. But I am ecstatic still about my drive, and can't stop looking at the rear of my D3. The paintwork is bugging me now though.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #220148212th Jan 2021 7:22 pm
disco-nut

Well, towing for other people is pretty much not something I can do under the current circumstances, an opportunity landed on my door literally on the back of the drive being done, so now gone back to the old days of wheeling and dealing, but taken an apprentice under my wings again, (Hope this doesn't turn out like the others), but got the Discovery earning its keep along with a trailer I bought and have repaired to the extent that it can be legally used again for now, but will have all new wood fairly soon. But with my income choked soo badly, I had to do something. Just taking lots of precautions whilst I am doing this.

I am hoping to get enough money together from this to not only pay for the car to be painted professionally, but to have a buffer in place for my Range Rovers MOT which is soon.

Click image to enlarge

Post #220226014th Jan 2021 10:35 pm
disco-nut

The Discovery really is earning its keep now, damn low pad warning came up today. So that is next on the list. 99 mile round trip, 1 house clearance and lots of stock collected, plus a trailer collected for a mate on my way home. Ended up floor to ceiling full in the car. Made for an interesting ride home Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #220289516th Jan 2021 9:00 pm
disco-nut

Well, my D3 is coming off the road shortly, the front drivers bottom ball joint has made the car sound like it should be cast in in a Jurrasic movie when I turn the wheel and when driving along going over uneven road surfaces in addition to it saying it needs new pads. Not sure if that means front or rear. But the huge bill I just swallowed from the Agila along with outlay for new stock for the business and fuel to get the stock for the business has made me broke broke. Which leaves me with an interesting dilemma. Freelander Fusebox finally killed itself, it runs and drives but I can't get in the boot, so it can be used for running around but not like a van to collect stuff, the Range Rover has an oil leak that needs sorting and a new coolant leak plus isn't cheap enough to run for a business like mine, the campervan is going back to its owner at the weekend, the Agila is too small. So basically I am Censored

My only hope is to get my gazebo out along with my patio heater and get the fusebox changed out on the Freelander so I can at least use that properly as I have a fusebox for it and find some wood to replace the floor of my newest trailer so I can use that with the Freelander.

Not hating the Discovery though. Just could do with a break from repair bills for 3 months Laughing
Although to be fair, The Discovery has done 1000 miles in the last week.

Post #220351518th Jan 2021 11:18 pm
disco-nut

A little off topic but the ball joint screech has stopped for now, more likely due to the rain, but the Discovery has been busy busy busy with me, lots of towing, and things escalated all round, I now have a workshop with my new business partner as I had to adapt fast with the pandemic to find a realistic way of keeping an income coming in. I will be doing more suspension compressor repairs for Range Rover's on the premises is fitted out as well as general wheeling and dealing along side a custom pet furniture and housing business that my business partner runs. Feeling excited and nervous, especially as we realised we also need an additional unit just to store vehicles in which is being sorted tomorrow. And the best thing for me is, I get to go and make a fuss of horses on the site.

But back to topic, concentrating now on earning enough money out of the business to get the ball joint and brakes done on the Discovery, it will be coming off the road as soon as I find enough time to fix the Freelander.

Post #220399021st Jan 2021 1:19 am
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Does the ball joint screech only on full lock?

Post #220400421st Jan 2021 7:34 am
disco-nut

No, it squeaks as you turn the steering and you can hear it as you are driving along over the bumps in the road.

Post #220478724th Jan 2021 1:15 am
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ok thank you, that rules out the steering stops

Post #220481124th Jan 2021 9:04 am
disco-nut

The Land Rover's and I have been extremely busy, although the Discovery has been resting up from towing for the last few days, treated all the vehicles to a wash today.

Might be telling my new business partner to do one in a few weeks, so either he will be moving out of the workshop or I will. Not bothered either way as to this day, I still haven't had time to properly use it for the Land Rover repairs anyway. So I am probably going to be on the look out for a place for me to go and do my own thing. We will see.

But I have someone coming out to view and hopefully buy my current trailer tomorrow, and I will be looking for a box trailer instead as the campervan is also off back to its owner this weekend.

Really hoping to get the painting done soon too.

Post #220592227th Jan 2021 10:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 14 of 32 <123 ... 131415 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >