Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 26 <123 ... 2223 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I love that idea, but I had better behave myself lol

I decided to go out for a drive to clear my head and the fog got really thick, and I have now discovered how badly off the aim is on the beam on the passenger side light. So going to look on here to see how to adjust it myself, if no joy, I will take it to a garage, although already been told by 1 garage that they don't have the tools to adjust lights on the D3's Rolling Eyes Although I did suspect it was more a case of didn't really want the job Laughing

You can see on the first picture that the left beam is slightly too high but seems to be pointing way too far towards the middle.

I love the spotlights lol

Post #165713920th May 2016 2:24 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Not sure you can see any more with the spots.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #165714820th May 2016 7:02 am
disco-nut

The pictures don't do the spotlights justice.

Post #165731120th May 2016 4:37 pm
disco-nut

My Saturday went very unexpected Shocked Started off by having lunch on the beach, then went to town to get some bits for the house, and on the way home my car had a Christine moment, It decided all by itself to drive us to a byway that I hadn't been on for a while. Really missed going laning, it was only light laning as I didn't go all the way to the other end, I only went about half way as it was only my car on the track, so did what I knew wouldn't get me into any bother.

After laning, I was planning on realigning the passenger light, but as I got through my front door, it started Censored down. So ended up chilling in front of the telly and watched a film lol.

Post #165795322nd May 2016 4:06 am
disco-nut

I was meant to be getting a Range Rover named Range Dog, but I may have to rethink that as I only wanted something I could let get battered without cringing every time a bush went a long the bodywork, my issue is, it needs more work and is a 97 hse p38 and my mate wants £1000 for it, This time of year they are popping up at around £650 in average condition, and so I don't get in too much trouble with the other half and to keep costs down, the budget for purchasing can't be more than £800, for something that doesn't need work as soon as I get it. And to stop me getting rid of my d3, Whatever I get needs to be an auto. Thinking more along the lines of a D1 v8 with lpg, or diesel Freelander, but the hunt is starting now but won't be actually buying something for about 4-6 weeks. I will need it to stand in for the D3 for around a month as well as the D3 is getting the paintwork done, full service, all oils and fluids, air con service, new clutch, lower steering rack, are bushes etc... So I am allowing around 4 weeks once it's gone to get everything done. This week I am heading back to the body shop to get the quote ready so I know exactly what is going to be spent.

Post #165839923rd May 2016 1:34 am
disco-nut

A new issue has arisen, started to get a whine in 1st 2nd and 3rd, It's not very loud but is there.

I will get that looked at while the car is in the garage in a few weeks although already have it planned for all the fluids along with a complete clutch kit to be fitted.

Have also been back to M-Tech for a price for the bodywork, but not heard back from them yet, they were meant to call me 2 days ago, so may just give them a ring tomorrow.

Won't be much longer though, but I also have to get my Range Rover sorted before the Discovery goes in for both mechanical and body work as I am not footing the bill for 4.6 litres on petrol when the LPG just needs to be reconnected and serviced lol.

I still love my Discovery to bits though.

Post #16621842nd Jun 2016 2:46 am
disco-nut

I decided that 1 air horn wasn't going to be enough lol I have just bought 1 more. Not worked out where to fit them yet though. Both horns are exactly the same 150db 17 inches long

Post #16627003rd Jun 2016 3:15 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Rolling Eyes Sorry, but that's just antisocial. A horn is there just to provide a warning, a bank of 150db air horns is intimidating and could give someone a heart attack. You complain about your antisocial neighbour yet this is no better.

If you had to give a gentle peep to a pedestrian or child on their bike, just to let them know you are there, then imagine the fright a bank of high decibal airhorns would give them. Shocked

Sorry, but its a pretty poor show and gives us 4x4 drivers a bad name by reinforcing social stereo types.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #16627163rd Jun 2016 4:43 pm
geoff.

England 

sorry but i do agree with moo Thumbs Up

u gave me a blast of them and i would be chasing you down the to stick them where they belong Whistle

Post #16628003rd Jun 2016 7:59 pm
disco-nut

I really couldn't care less what you think about the horns. It isn't like I am going to be setting them off at night in an anti social manner!

And I am guessing you will also be stating this to the dozen or so other Discovery 3 owners who are on this site and on Facebook who also have the exact same horns and much louder ones fitted.

The standard horns seem to be ignored by ignoramuses who drive in a dangerous manner so I will be using the new horns to make sure those idiots know I am there which is exactly what horns are intended for.

And I am not going as far as to disconnect the alarm horn to make sure the air horns replace that, otherwise that would be anti social.

And if you don't like me having horns on the D3, I think the Range Rover will give you PLENTY to moan about Laughing

In fact, I will post a couple of pictures of the Range Rover so you can moan about that too lol. Bear in mind I bought the Range Rover like it and it sailed through its MOT as it stands lol

This beast has very loud exhaust, Bush cables, Weird roof rack, Raised 4 inches, The spot lights didn't come with it but were 4 x 100 watt bulbs and will be again once I have got it in addition to more spot lights going on the front as well as the roof being connected on a 3 way switch, with one of the ways to activate them being on the main beams.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #16628963rd Jun 2016 10:47 pm
r4ff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Am I correct in thinking you're not wiring the air horns into your existing horn setup, and that you will have them on a separate switch?

Also... good colour choice on the Range Rover highlight... Thumbs Up
 what is this life, if full of care?
we have no time to stand and stare.

Post #16629073rd Jun 2016 11:36 pm
disco-nut

The plan is either direct replacement of the original horns but on there own looms with the standard horns positive to be used as the switch to make them work from the steering wheel controls or possibly same set up but with 3 way switch to be able to manually select which horns come on at the press of the button.

Rangedog is Satin black with illuminous green bits painted. I may change the green bits to red though. Sadly I have to redo the whole car as the owner that first did this paint job with hammerite and a roller brush didn't prime or prep the bodywork properly before hand so some of it is peeling but I will gradually sort that out. I will be using a roller brush again though and it will stay hammerite satin black lol.

Post #16629113rd Jun 2016 11:57 pm
D16PJM

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I do agree the normal horn isn't up to much but surely 1 air horn will have the desired affect, i also understand mine and everyone else's opinion you do not give two hoots about Laughing its your car but sometimes eBay and a bit of time is a bad combination as before long it looks like you have crashed through Halfords and all the cheap parts have stuck.,

stop before you get to this

Ps you have no idea how long it took me to find these pictures.

you have definitely transformed your car for the best, now time to add the extras to the range rover.

Pete
 De tango
BAS remap
EGR blank
Colour coded
21" range rover wheels
tinted windows
side steps
3 blink, C.O.D 

Post #16630684th Jun 2016 10:28 am
JimmyP

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
I really couldn't care less what you think about the horns...

The perfect response to endear yourself to fellow members, well done. Thumbs Up
 Previously owned an '08 D3 HSE in Stornoway grey but jumped ship to see what the Swedes have to offer.  
Post #16638886th Jun 2016 1:54 pm
T140

Scotland 

well said JimmyP
 nobody is perfect but being Scottish is a start  
Post #16642587th Jun 2016 1:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 23 of 26 <123 ... 2223 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >