My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 26 <123 ... 23 242526>
Glassman
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

JimmyP wrote:
disco-nut wrote:
I really couldn't care less what you think about the horns...

The perfect response to endear yourself to fellow members, well done. Thumbs Up

Actually I really don't agree,comments like this are totally negative especially when followed up with "well said" Evil or Very Mad
I've been reading this thread since it started and although Disco Nut seems quite a character you've got to admit he really has spent a lot of time sharing and documenting the different mods he's completed so far which might just be useful to anyone else doing similar mods on their cars.
Air horns aren't my thing but all trucks have them and they're not called anti social are they?
Don't hi jack a members post, he really seems like a car enthusiast to me who's getting a great enjoyment from spending time working on his Discovery, and if he says he doesn't accept an opinion then he should feel free to say so, what he does to his car might not be to everyone's taste but it's his car and it's his post, keep up the info and enthusiasm Nut Thumbs Up

Post #166660313th Jun 2016 12:06 am
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

The horns aren't being mounted externally, I personally feel that some Disco's on here are quite chavvy and odd, but I don't say so, I have a very long history of producing great desirable to most, modified vehicles, but not once have I ever stated that the horns were being mounted on the outside, which actually shows the negative replies after Geoffs post to show the trolls for what they really are, clearly have not bothered to take the time or effort to read my car diary to read the full details before becoming keyboard warriors.

I am also guessing that you are too dumb to realise that 2 x 150db air horns together doesn't mean they will then become 300db! But that the only outcome is a twin tone rather than a dull single tone. So I applaud you for a failed attempt at becoming keyboard warriors and for not using your brain or common sense!

This diary will continue with the rest of the mods once I am better as last week I became extremely ill again and I am heavily medicated at the moment.

No doubt there will be more ignorant replies by the time I am back on.

ttfn lol

Post #166661313th Jun 2016 2:50 am
JimmyP

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Glassman wrote:
JimmyP wrote:
disco-nut wrote:
I really couldn't care less what you think about the horns...

The perfect response to endear yourself to fellow members, well done. Thumbs Up

Actually I really don't agree,comments like this are totally negative especially when followed up with "well said" Evil or Very Mad
I've been reading this thread since it started and although Disco Nut seems quite a character you've got to admit he really has spent a lot of time sharing and documenting the different mods he's completed so far which might just be useful to anyone else doing similar mods on their cars.
Air horns aren't my thing but all trucks have them and they're not called anti social are they?
Don't hi jack a members post, he really seems like a car enthusiast to me who's getting a great enjoyment from spending time working on his Discovery, and if he says he doesn't accept an opinion then he should feel free to say so, what he does to his car might not be to everyone's taste but it's his car and it's his post, keep up the info and enthusiasm Nut Thumbs Up

A fair response Glassman. Not one with which I agree but fair nonetheless.

However, the idea of a forum is for its members to voice their opinions as well as sharing information. Far from 'hijacking a members post" as you put it, I simply voiced my opinion - as you have done - that DiscoNut's bluntness may not endear him to some on the forum from whom one day he may require assistance. I may be wrong but that's the beauty of opinions, isn't it...?
 Previously owned an '08 D3 HSE in Stornoway grey but jumped ship to see what the Swedes have to offer.  
Post #166675613th Jun 2016 12:28 pm
JimmyP

disco-nut wrote:
The horns aren't being mounted externally, I personally feel that some Disco's on here are quite chavvy and odd, but I don't say so, I have a very long history of producing great desirable to most, modified vehicles, but not once have I ever stated that the horns were being mounted on the outside, which actually shows the negative replies after Geoffs post to show the trolls for what they really are, clearly have not bothered to take the time or effort to read my car diary to read the full details before becoming keyboard warriors.

I am also guessing that you are too dumb to realise that 2 x 150db air horns together doesn't mean they will then become 300db! But that the only outcome is a twin tone rather than a dull single tone. So I applaud you for a failed attempt at becoming keyboard warriors and for not using your brain or common sense!

This diary will continue with the rest of the mods once I am better as last week I became extremely ill again and I am heavily medicated at the moment.

No doubt there will be more ignorant replies by the time I am back on.

ttfn lol

Mmmm, so someone who posts a differing opinion is a troll or a keyboard warrior posting ignorant replies...? Really?

I offered no opinion on your air horns as I have no particular view on them one way or another, I just made a comment on the brusqueness of that particular line in your post which, having followed your thread with interest, seemed out of place. Nothing more, nothing less.
 Previously owned an '08 D3 HSE in Stornoway grey but jumped ship to see what the Swedes have to offer.  
Post #166676113th Jun 2016 12:43 pm
D16PJM

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I am assuming you are classing me as a troll then as my post was after Geoffs, I never stated you were mounting your horns on the outside, I was trying to add a bit of humour with my pictures as you seem to be a bit upset about some comments, I also drive one of the "Chavvy" discovery's you mention at a guess.

I personally think and stated you have improved your car and have followed this thread through all 20+ pages and will continue to follow, air horns are your choice and I will stick to my opinion that IMHO 1 horn would have the same affect, not heard a dull tone from a airhorn, not being negative its your car and we differ in opinion, that's what makes us different.

I also see I am Dumb Keyboard warrior but it appears you are the one on the attack, no one has called you anything, I kind of hope its your medication talking but doubt it somehow.
 De tango
BAS remap
EGR blank
Colour coded
21" range rover wheels
tinted windows
side steps
3 blink, C.O.D 

Post #166690413th Jun 2016 5:57 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Come on chaps ...it's only a bleeding horn Very Happy ...lets not encourage Mr. Threadedit to be out so early on a Monday evening Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #166692913th Jun 2016 6:29 pm
JimmyP

A 'bleeding horn' should not be taken lightly DG!
Post #166703113th Jun 2016 9:20 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Am I right in thinking the end of the horn is a 'bell end'
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #166704313th Jun 2016 9:29 pm
Glassman
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I really want to add to that but DG will be all over me with his edit skills Whistle , hey, putting differences of opinions and horn size to one side I hope D Nuts is feeling better soon, he's definitely a bit of a character and I can't help admire his enthusiasm Thumbs Up

Post #166749114th Jun 2016 8:19 pm
disco-nut

Bringing the diary back on topic:

I got bored while I was out and on my way home so took some more photo's Very Happy Laughing

And somehow without actually meaning to, ended up with another car to add to the collection. I now have 5 cars Shocked Rolling Eyes The Vectra is up for sale although only needs minor jobs doing, I am not well enough and in the dog house again, and I gained a 55 reg MG ZR which I took in swap for something else I had, so the MG will be going up for sale in a couple of weeks. I am starting to think I might have a bit of a hoarding problem lol I found a Sierra Saphire Cosworth spoiler in my shed the other day which has moved house with me several times in 9 years, I also found a HSE lower tail lid for a D3 in the shed I had forgotten about too which is complete lol, Soon the Gazebo will be going up, the sheds and attic will be emptied and Ebay will be getting busy lol.

This is the stray Vauxhall I gained lol It is actually a really nice car. But can't justify it and no energy to sort it. Only needs a washer pump, washer pipe connector piece and a coil pack plus it is just out of MOT. Hopefully I will find it a new home where it will be put back on the road.

D3 has started giving me a little grief. I think there is either a whine in certain gears from one of the diffs, maybe the gearbox, not sure and now even though my EGR valves are blanked off, when I put my foot down, My Disco is leaving clouds again, although they aren't black clouds. No coolant or oil loss though and this is still after engine at full temp and more than 10 miles driven. I won't push the car before the temp gauge has moved to at least quarter. No power loss though that I can tell and the MPG is still good.

I will be going quiet again for a little while, but I will be back soon.

Post #167105122nd Jun 2016 5:37 am
ronnie12342003

United Kingdom 

i have just read all the posts on your d3 and fair play you have done a brilliant job but the old saying comes to mind and not willing to offend you more money than sense comes to mind Rolling with laughter

Post #167235424th Jun 2016 6:05 pm
disco-nut

I am a huge penny pincher, I duck and dive and bargain hunt like mad to get where I am with my cars. I haven't spent anywhere near as much as people might think lol

Post #167235724th Jun 2016 6:08 pm
ronnie12342003

United Kingdom 

and you have a sense of humour good on ya

Post #167236724th Jun 2016 6:19 pm
disco-nut

Everything seems to happen at once lol, Had to take one of my cars for its MOT at once, which failed extremely badly, luckily it wasn't either of the green ovals, but was a little Ford that I had. So that has been shoved on Ebay and so far I am at least getting what it owes me back. But had another chat with the body shop as they have been very busy, but said that at the moment there is a 2 month backlog in work for the body shop, and that I am looking at about £1000 to have everything that I want painted including them painting and fitting a boot spoiler. So the Disco is going to sink about £2000 in about 2 months lol. But that includes getting all oils changed everywhere that has oil, a new clutch, rear arb bushes and drop links, front pads and discs, major service, air con service and probably some other bits I have forgotten about lol. And my Range Rover is going to take about £1000 as well but that is to get the LPG reconnected and serviced and includes 12 months tax and a years insurance paid up front.

Not sure what to do with the Mondeo though. That needs around £1000 spending on it to make it last long term. So considering getting rid of that.

I also have a Volvo S40 Auto, and I am bunging that in for its MOT at the end of the week and then selling it with or without an MOT. Whatever may happen.

But tomorrow my Mum is house and dog sitting all day and I am back in central London for more hospital appointments.

But for now, the D3 is still going strong.

Post #16769054th Jul 2016 3:31 pm
disco-nut

Really hacked off. Yet again IT who stills has a tenancy and keys to the property next door but doesn't live there has come back and on one of his return trips has vandalised my Discovery yet again.

Front drivers foglight was smashed and drivers rear door got keyed. I have repaired ALL the scratches now so I know exactly what is new. And for now I am not going to replace the foglight as a new part would probably get damaged as well. So new parts are being sourced and bought, but put in a box ready for when IT is finally properly evicted from next door.

No more mods have been done, but I am still covering a huge amout of miles. Only 2 more months until the Range Rover helps ease the mileage increasing on the Discovery. But lack of mods ect... on the D3 are owing to the attention being diverted onto 4 other projects, Volvo (Vectra sold and I got the Volvo Laughing ), Mondeo, Range Rover and my Trailer. And I am concentrating on getting my Volvo sold.

Post #168092914th Jul 2016 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 24 of 26 <123 ... 23 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >