DISCO3.CO.UK > General

2005 vs 2006 spec HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Laci

United Kingdom 
2005 vs 2006 spec HSE

Dear All,
I've tried finally the D3 auto HSE version. I have to admit, I was impressed. 6-speed automatic gearbox, with manual control, if required - I can live with that (I actually enjoyed an automatic - first time in my life Wink ).
Anyway the dealer suggested a good-looking d3 hse (price-wise 40-41K - cheaper than the current model), but it's 2005 spec. Could you tell me, what's the difference between the 2k5 and 2k6 spec in the HSE model?
thanks, Laci

Post #1960925th Sep 2005 5:32 pm
Guy

United Kingdom 

This doesn't fully answer your question (sorry) but the full MY2006 spec is on the official LR site

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...erview.htm

I think I've got the 2005 spec in a file somewhere but, by the time I've found it, BN, Slimer or one of the other walking encyclopedias will have answered your question Wink

Post #1961025th Sep 2005 5:41 pm
BN

England 

Guy wrote:
This doesn't fully answer your question (sorry) but the full MY2006 spec is on the official LR site

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...erview.htm

I think I've got the 2005 spec in a file somewhere but, by the time I've found it, BN, Slimer or one of the other walking encyclopedias will have answered your question Wink

Actually TFC is becoming very quick with the spec now and Gareth is a bit hot on that, let alone Slimer as you mention. There are no noticeable changes on the HSE as it was quite fully loaded anyway.

Post #1961425th Sep 2005 6:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think the only thing on the HSE is that the BT Phone is standard. Its not had rave reviews on this site, so the 05 model may well be a bargain. I think I may have read that rear aircon is now standard.

The 06 price has gone up also, so watch they are not giving you a 'Discount' off the 06 price, for an 05 model!! That would be very sneaky and I would be insulted if they tried that on me Evil or Very Mad

I'm sure there is more that the others will tell you about the 06. My 05 is great and is lacking nothing.

Post #1961625th Sep 2005 6:14 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Zig posted this summary in the 06 MY thread:
HSE Models:
Rear air conditioning, lower console chiller box, adaptive front lighting and personal telephone integration system standardised (were options).
Price increased by £1500

Depending on your view on running costs and likely depreciation, it appears to be possible to get a V8 petrol HSE much cheaper than a TDV6.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #1962725th Sep 2005 7:52 pm
BN

England 

DrLex wrote:
Zig posted this summary in the 06 MY thread:
HSE Models:
Rear air conditioning, lower console chiller box, adaptive front lighting and personal telephone integration system standardised (were options).
Price increased by £1500

Depending on your view on running costs and likely depreciation, it appears to be possible to get a V8 petrol HSE much cheaper than a TDV6.

In the UK it appears the dealers are struggling with the V8's for obvious reasons.

Post #1962825th Sep 2005 7:54 pm
Laci

United Kingdom 

Dear All,

Many thanks for the extensive replies.

It was stated, the model offered was a 2005 MY, was lacking adaptive lighting (is that really good/necessary?), and there was no rear air con control (would be preferable).

TFC: is the front gin-cooler so good?

If it is coming at 40k I will seriously consider it.. 8)

Tnx again, Laci

Post #1964625th Sep 2005 8:40 pm
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

The adaptive headlights are great, i travel through B roads to get to the A1 and its darn hard to get the rabbits now, only joking but would never go back, the start up sequence is great as well.

With regard the 'gin cooler', i hyave two kids so its used for their drinks during a drive which saves no end of hassle with having to stop for a cold drink.

If it was me i would get an HSE 06 spec.

Post #1965225th Sep 2005 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The price for a TdV6 HSE 06 MY is £1495 up on that for a 05 MY, with £1580 worth of previously optional equipment now standardised. Is this additional equipment vital no.

I would be asking myself why a vehicle which was manufactured probably before the middle of May is still not sold - technical problems (getting it through a PDI) or unpopular colour?

If the sums are right say an additional £2000 discount for the fact then it is a might be worth considering. However, even this amount is only 4.6% of the value of the vehicle.

Post #1967925th Sep 2005 10:57 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Good point, what colour is it? Colour can affect resale value.

Post #1968325th Sep 2005 11:00 pm
Laci

United Kingdom 

Thanks again for all the comments. The colour is Tonga green, I think. I would like something 'not silver' if possible. My favourites are the blue (cairns blue) and this green.
Thanks for the comments on the 2006 model. The adaptive headligts are probably the most important items in the pack. I 'll see the waiting times for the 2006 model, and try to get the best price...
thanks again, Laci[/list]

Post #1968725th Sep 2005 11:22 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Laci, we have a Tonga Green and I think this is an excellent colour. We bought ours without ever seeing one ( we ordered it in spring 2004) so we were a bit nervous as to whether we had chosen the right colour. On arrival it was immediately obvious that we had chosen well. The dealer has even started ordering their demos and courtesy cars in Tonga Green as they know a good colour when they see one.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #1969426th Sep 2005 7:21 am
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Zig, whether something is vital must be a subjective point, once I had looked at my options and ordered my car the 06 model made sense, did not cost me a penny more than i was going to pay for an 05 model so made no difference. The adaptive headlights are amazing for what they offer me at 4.30 am on my lonely drive though the country to get to the motorways.

To be honest the only way you know is to test drive the vehicle in the manner that you will be using it when you have purchased it.

Also to be honest I could have had a Volvo XC90 cheaper if i had used cost reasons, I used my head and am very grateful i did, spending as much money as i did i have had no worries and my 150 miles a day are now not a chore and i drive round the M25 for a fair bit I actually dont care about the idiot drivers anymore, i have yet to be cut up in the D3.

With regard to colour I liked all the coulours except Gold and white, i had just never owned a black car, not disapointed.

Post #1970026th Sep 2005 7:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >