DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

2008 DARWIN AWARD WINNERS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
catweasel

tanters wrote:
right DG, catweasel etc etc Whistle
Very Happy
so where TF did that come from Confused FFS theres no pleasing some people Neutral . I havent even posted in the crap jokes thread Thud and where else is the humour failure apart from now although justified at this point Rolling Eyes
my apologies to you for taking the piss out of JMC (who can handle it unlike some who shall remain nameless Whistle ) or is this your dicklicker dyslexia coming through Rolling with laughter

Post #3837195th Dec 2008 5:19 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

catweasel wrote:
I havent even posted in the crap jokes thread Thud

but you wanted to didnt ye DIDNT YE ! Rolling Eyes

Ok ok, group hug everyone Very Happy
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #3837635th Dec 2008 6:17 pm
SN

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

doesn't matter how old they are, still made me laugh Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3837985th Dec 2008 7:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Darwin award #1
A desperate thief decided to rob a US gunstore and take the money from the till.
he was not put off by a police car parked out side or the store being full of gun enthusiasts.
He rushed in and proceeded with his hold up.
The coroners report said he had been shot 23 times from seven different weapons. Laughing
 Pete  
Post #3839165th Dec 2008 10:58 pm
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
Darwin Awards 2008 - Ballon Priest

Quote:
20 April 2008, Atlantic Ocean, Brazil) In 1982 Lawn Chair Larry, beloved survivor of a Darwin-worthy attempt, attached 45 helium weather balloons to his comfortable Sears lawn chair, packed a picnic and a , and cut the tether. But instead of drifting lazily above the Los Angeles landscape, the combined lift of 45 huge helium balloons rocketed Larry into LAX air traffic lanes 16,000 feet above sea level. Astoundingly, he survived the "flight."
In homage to Larry's aerial adventure, a Catholic priest recently ascended towards heaven on a host of helium party balloons. Adelir Antonio de Carli, 41, was attempting to set the world record for clustered balloon flight to publicize his plan to build a spiritual rest stop for truckers.

Sitting for more than 19 hours in a lawn chair is not a trivial matter, even in the comfort of your own backyard. The priest took numerous safety precautions, including wearing a survival suit, selecting a buoyant chair, and packing a satellite phone and a GPS. However, the late Adelir Antonio made a fatal mistake.

He did not know how to use the GPS.

The winds changed, as winds do, and he was blown inexorably toward open sea. He could have parachuted to safety while over land, but chose not to. When the voyager was perilously lost at sea, he prudently phoned for help. But rescuers were unable to reach him since he could not use his GPS! HE struggled with the control panel as the charge on the satellite phone dwindled.

Instead of a GPS, the priest let God be his guide, and God guided him straight to heaven. Bits of balloons began appearing on mountains and beaches. Ultimately the priest's body surfaced, confirming that he, like Elvis, had left the building.

The kicker? It's a Double Darwin. Catholic priests take vows of celibacy. Since they voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool, the entire group earns a mass Darwin Award. Adelir Antonio wins twice over!

More at www.darwinawards.com

Keep up to date John Twisted Evil
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #3845107th Dec 2008 7:19 pm
Carabraxis

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Made me laugh - It don't matter if it's true or not, but knowing some of the muppets who live around here I can see some of them doing it!

Post #3847238th Dec 2008 10:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >