Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

2008 Disco 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Peter_OZ

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
2008 Disco 3

anyone know what changes are being made to the 2008 Disco 3? We are waiting on new disco to be built and delivered and as it has dragged on a bit it will now be 2008 build vehcile even though we get it in August 2007.

Dealer told me there were a few changes but could not really elborate too much.

ta
cheers
Peter
 2007/8 TDV6 SE Active diff, cooler box, spotties, Alpine DVD, Hi-ICE, Premium NAV yada yada

www.petenplanes.com.au 

Post #16567610th Jun 2007 10:59 am
jm-lec

France 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Hello Peter

I have just seen mine (MY2008) at the dealer and I shall get it on June the 18th (on my request)

I have noticed that now it is called "Discovery III Mark 2"

At least in France... Now the auto gearbox is standard on HSE together with the Premium Navigation System.... Wheel design seems to be different, Premium Leather is an option , Piano black too... Walnut beeing standard and metal being for S, SE and XS models

And price cheaper...!!!

Post #16569510th Jun 2007 1:42 pm
Peter_OZ

ok thanks for that
 2007/8 TDV6 SE Active diff, cooler box, spotties, Alpine DVD, Hi-ICE, Premium NAV yada yada

www.petenplanes.com.au 

Post #16589211th Jun 2007 8:55 am
whatsaCARbonfoot?

Northern Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
2008MY DISCO 3

Just taken delivery of my 2008 MY DISCO 3 TDV6 HSE.

The HSE came with premium leather seats and a choice of walnut or black end-caps on the dash, as well as premium carpets front and rear.

Something I wasn't expecting however was the fact that the rear air conditioning had been deleted from the 08 MY HSE model. My dealer hadn't mentioned it as being different it that regard from the 06MY which I had test driven) and the 08MY Landrover brochure for the UK market showed the rear air conditioning as standard on the HSE - but an optional factory fit at £700 for other models (provided that automatic climate control was fitted).

LR Customer Services, after having said that the official LR website currently shows the rear air con is an option on the 08MY HSE, have admitted that the 08MY brouchure (on which I confirmed my 'options' when ordering) is wrong and will take steps to correct it. As the rear air con is a factory-fit option only, by way of recompense I have agreed to LR paying for a free first first service and supplying some 'goodies' as compensation. (Supplying Dealer [Donnelly Brothers in Dungannon] was most apologetic about the problem and, in fairness, has been great to deal with throughout.)

Only other problem has been a driver's wiper arm which stopped working in the rains of biblical proportions 10 days ago. Local dealer in Belfast kindly did an interim fix (I think tightening the spindle-nut) and the supplying dealers fitted two new arms and a new driver's spindle the next day while I waited. (No problems with wipers now other than a slight 'rasp/shudder' as the wipers operate.)

Hope this helps and good luck with your new vehicle.

Post #17015424th Jun 2007 1:42 pm
Discojames

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Peter,

I am in the same position - I contacted customer care at Land Rover Australia as my dealer did not know what the changes to the AU spec are. I am awaiting a response, but will keep you posted.

It seems mad that I ordered a 2007 and am getting a 2008 and neither I or the dealer know what changes have been made.

Post #17037325th Jun 2007 9:05 am
Peter_OZ

whatsaCARbonfoot - thanks for that. We wish for rain like that here!

James: yes please keep me posted if you hear of what the changes will be, dealer on the Sunshine Coast was supposed to get back to me but is quite slack in following up.

cheers
Peter

www.petenplanes.com.au 

Post #17037825th Jun 2007 9:11 am
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Any "newly" introduced colours on my08???

Post #17051725th Jun 2007 3:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discojames

Just spoke to Land Rover customer service. They say that there is no specification changes or interior changes to the Australian Discovery 3. She was pretty unhelpful and could not explain why the model year had changed when the car was not going to change at all. I am not sure whether she is hiding something to avoid people holding back with purchases or whether she is telling the truth - still the changes in Europe seem pretty minor so I am not too concerned.

Post #17213729th Jun 2007 9:06 am
whatsaCARbonfoot?

Northern Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
2008 MY Disco 3

Peter_OZ - Still raining here (UK), I know you guys in Aus could do with some - but this is rediculous!

As to Model Year (MY) changes, I understand that the 08 MY build started sometime in May 07 - so it is unbelievable that the Aus dealers do not know by now what the specs are.

As to the changes being minor, I've spent some time (visiting relatives) in Aus and it may be that with this now being a factory-fit option only you would wish to have the rear air con fitted as an optional extra - you will know best what is needed. (In our climate, when the sun does make a brief appearance, the standard air con in the front, when switched to 'auto' seems plenty powerful - and rapidly brings the interior temperature down to something bearable.)

One other thing I have noticed. Elsewhere on the web site I seem to remember reading that the one touch close only applied to the front driver's window - on my TDV6 HSE it also works on the front passenger window as well. (Must check the rear and will get back on that.)

Rgds

Post #1731942nd Jul 2007 5:54 pm
Discojames

Peter,

My dealer has just came back to me and said he has finally seen the pictures. From what he says there is no premium (wrinkled) leather or spec changes on the SE. The only changes he can see are some of the fascia / plastic items have changed colour from grey to silver, e.g around the gear selector and steering wheel.

So it does sound very minor.

The good news is that my car should dock on the 21st July - I guess I should get 1st week of Aug.

Post #1734583rd Jul 2007 10:47 am
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Unfortunately its my experience that dealers seem to be the last people who know (or are willing ) to tell you about model changes. LR really needs to kick some a$$ in this area.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #1754608th Jul 2007 6:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >