Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

2008 LR3.... ordering soon?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jwest

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
2008 LR3.... ordering soon?

So, my dealer says I can order an 08 this month for 90 day delivery....or of course there is the $5000 discount on an 07 or more still discounted for leasing.

Some new things are on the order sheet such as a few trim materials, he only mentioned the wood and the black polished wood but I saw in the other auto show snipits something about a metalic/silver trim as well. Supposedly the new leather will only be available on the HSE. The4 passneger seat gets more adjustment, up/down is what he said is added, not sure about lumbar for passenger, it wasn't specifically stated but rather as "8 way" like driver seat. At least one touch driver AND passenger windows are now updated!

No mention of any colors for interior or exterior Sad I'd like an ivory or aspen scheme or black carpet with tan seating. I also wish you could order and HSE with 18" wheels so that you would be set for off-roading. I have a set of RRS 20" rims that are great for everything but offroad so the 19's are useless (to me) if one likes the dual wheels sets plan as I do.

Any opinions??? One might think that issues with air compressors, suspensions, etc are getting cleared up more with each year model. My main reason to go 2008 is the leather seems rather "thin" and not going to do well in the long run. The leather in my 2004 discovery is better and the RR leather is even nicer. In fact, the LR3 leather in the 2006 I had didn't exactly "feel" like leather at all. The door trim stuff was especially like some wierd matte finished porus synthetic crap just waiting to show arm funk or anything at all. Maybe it was made from poultry hide or small rodents rather than big stout hides. Something ought to be available that is better than leather and not from an animal anyway!

Goodnight from NC/Seattle
 96 Disco I, 210,000 miles - still going strong
04 Disco II, Vienna/Tundra, +2" lift, onboard air, 120V...
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #14736612th Apr 2007 5:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >