DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

2009 Buckingham Blue XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discoverynovice

England 
2009 Buckingham Blue XS

Hi all,

My search for a 4x4 continues and I am awaiting some finance figures on this car, 2009(59) Buckingham Blue, with beige leather, reverse camera, side steps etc. Only 24,000 miles and two owners in total. It has just been reduced by £2000 apparently, but from the untrained eye it still looks a like expensive for a 4 year old car - £29850.

It will be really pushing my budget I suspect, so it needs to be right. Any thoughts on this car, what I should be paying for it, spec etc..... I think it is missing rear privacy glass but suspect this can be done separately. What is the consensus on the dark blue colour? I quite like it, which is what counts I suppose !

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2108337

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #114248811th Aug 2013 10:43 am
110CSW

United Kingdom 

I don't understand used D4 pricing. For £12k more you could have that car new without all the hassle of the stuff that will go wrong from years 4 to 7 - brake lines, belts service, EPB, turbos (?) etc.

Post #114249911th Aug 2013 11:10 am
Discoverynovice

England 

110CSW wrote:
I don't understand used D4 pricing. For £12k more you could have that car new without all the hassle of the stuff that will go wrong from years 4 to 7 - brake lines, belts service, EPB, turbos (?) etc.

A factor of really good residual values I suppose. There are very few lowish mile D4 XS for sale lower than this price. What is frustrating is that going for a new one the residual value after 4 years and 32000 miles on a PCP for an XS is £16100 - highly conservative/cautious future values from Land Rover when this car is priced £13k+ more at 4 years old So, great for when you come to part ex'ing the car (huge equity) but really bad for monthly payments on a tight budget as they are artificially high due to pessimistic future value.

I would love to buy a new one and can get 10% discount but don't want to pay £650+ per month.

Are D4s, really unrealiable at low miles in years 4+?

Post #114250711th Aug 2013 11:32 am
Bigcol66

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Great colour inside and out. There's not many around at this age with this low mileage.

Post #114264611th Aug 2013 7:55 pm
Sheepy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I bought my '10 plate GS in late April with 26k on the clock. Just sorted an extended warranty with Marshalls in Bedford. Their finance guy told me that their trade-in price for my car is the same as I paid for it (despite 6k more miles!!) and their retail for it would be 27.5-28.5. Based on that, I think the price for the XS sounds about right. Having said that, I'd want the privacy glass - think without it the car doesn't look right.

Nice colour though.

Post #114264911th Aug 2013 8:03 pm
sacimiddx

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

we buy any car valuation £24.7k
 Illegitimi Non Carborundum  
Post #114267611th Aug 2013 8:56 pm
Discoverynovice

England 

If the finance figures are about right, maybe I should go for it if they include one years road tax and the privacy glass! The only other stuff I need will be the rubber boot mat and a wire dog guard.

My limited experience suggests that cars at main dealers at the right sort of asking price go quite quickly though.

Post #114267711th Aug 2013 8:59 pm
Discoverynovice

England 

sacimiddx wrote:
we buy any car valuation £24.7k

I did that already!! The CAP trade in price is around £27000.

Post #114267811th Aug 2013 9:00 pm
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Our 2012 XS is same colour combo.
The interior is holding up well although it does darken slightly with use. The paint is a bit of a b*gger to keep clean (but then my wife is in and out of stable yards several days a week) and its a bit susceptible to swirls and scratches. I am fussy about that stuff but I'm probably in a minority (it's a Land Rover, it's not meant to be clean etc).

Hope you strike a good deal. I'd definitely get the privacy glass by the way. Finishes off the looks nicely.

PG

Post #114268611th Aug 2013 9:19 pm
Discoverynovice

England 

We had a Disco 3 S auto model new from 2005-2008, should I expect much difference in driving etc, or will it be completely familiar territory ? The only black cloud for me is the £475 road tax, based on the fact that I am a tight Censored ! Not too fussed about the colour and keeping it clean, have a Carbon Black BMW 640d which is a pig to maintain, ie keep looking good!

Post #114268911th Aug 2013 9:26 pm
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

If it's a main dealer selling it you will get a year's LR approved warranty and you could do as we did when we bought SWMBO's RRS and add another year before you take it away.

Not sure what the price is now but we paid £695, so that way you leave the dealer with 24 months warranty - only a year less than you'd get if you bought new. Thumbs Up

Make sure you get the LR approved warranty though, don't get fobbed off with the LR select which is nowhere near as good.

Post #114269211th Aug 2013 9:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >