Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

2010 D4 Release
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 21 <123 ... 18 192021>
ferrett

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

The spec sheet only shows an auto....what about manual? Is this due to the increase in torque?
 2012 D4 - SDV6 XS - Firenze Red  
Post #45363813th Apr 2009 10:55 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

i think it's due to "cost cutting" if you took % of manual versus auto, it's prob be 80%+ auto. they can probably get away with dropping the manual altogether and not upsetting too many people.

although i am a fan of the manual and have one myself.......

Post #45367114th Apr 2009 12:41 am
ferrett

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Me too...love the manual.

If I am honest living on an island with a 40mph speed limit where most of the driving is stop start an Auto would make more sense.
 2012 D4 - SDV6 XS - Firenze Red  
Post #45370014th Apr 2009 7:55 am
unreal boy

and in italy? but if i can order first september?somebody say it can order between 2 week..it's true?

p.s sorry for my english...i'm italian

plz!!!one man reply Very Happy

Post #45380814th Apr 2009 11:06 am
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

denny crane wrote:
When I sat in the D4 I was confused first of all, as I thought I had gone to the Range Rover first!
(well, as it was a styling based car, the nav screen did say range rover as the software was not yet available!)
You also get two sets of rear wireless headphones by the way Surprised

It really is a very nice interior. I am yet to get my head around the terrain control/height control placement as in park, its a little difficult to get to, but at least in that position the numptys won't throw their coffee into the electrics as is what currently happens on the disco 3!

The exterior looks fantasic in the flesh and the grille looks way better than my Disco 3 grille, makes the car look more agresssive funnily enough.

Whilst I understand those of you who want a utilitarian low spec wash it out at the end of the day Discovery, thats not the market segument the Discovery sells into.
The UK is only about 20% of total world wide sales and the markets it sells in want more style, the complaints about the Disco 3 is that the interior is too utilitarian now. This is the feeling across the world including the UK, sorry but thats the facts.

Sorry guys, but LR are more interested in original sales than second or third hand sales down the road and the majority of those want comfort and style with the ability to go off road once in a while. hence the furture 10 speed auto boxes.
The car however will still perform off road as well as the Disco 3, thats for sure.

In the USA the Freelander 2 is not selling as it looks too similar to other small SUV's, the Discovery because it is too utilitarian inside, in fact, what is keeping the company going at the moment is sales of the RR, as the people who buy these like the style and interior and don't want it changed!

I am surprised there has been little comment on the 3.0 Ltr deisel replacing the 2.7 in all but the base line GS

OK I take your point, and the simple solution for me is just to keep the one I've got, but when I do need to change it, where is the capable off roader that is comfortable, but D3 practical and not wood and leather luxurious? I suspect the new Defender, when it appears, will not fit into that category, more small pick-up truck style. The rumoured 7 seat Freelander won't have low range box. The(now discontinued) Patrol fitted the brief in some ways but had very crude suspension, as for Nissan Pathfinder, don't even go there. Maybe have to look to next gen Shogun or LC Prado

Post #45384714th Apr 2009 12:02 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

i wouldn't worry too much about that, I'm sure that the model for launch is merely the top-of -the-range with all the whistles and bells as befitting of a motorshow,

same as the D3, you can have leather, wood etc etc or you can have cloth, plastic and no chrome,,,

it'll all be fine,,,,you'll see...

wooooosaaaaaaahhhhhh Wink

Post #45385914th Apr 2009 12:14 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

ferrett wrote:
The spec sheet only shows an auto....what about manual?
Looks like the 2.7L TDV6 will still be available with a manual box, 3.0L is auto only. MPG & CO2 emission figures are just about the same for either option though the 2.7L auto option is worse (as it currently is). 3.0L 0-60mph is 2sec quicker than the 2.7L manual (3sec quicker than the 2.7L auto), top speed on all but the 5.0L petrol lump (which I presume we won't get in the UK) is still limited to 112mph. Coils still available on the 2.7L though I presume this too won't be available in the UK Confused

Looks like I'll have to buy my first LR with an auto box Neutral
 The End  
Post #45390014th Apr 2009 12:52 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

"At the rear, a single piston sliding calliper operates on a 350mm ventilated disc,
now manufactured in aluminium to help reduce vehicle weight."

well that is sorted, are we down to 2 tonnes now then? Laughing
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #45390914th Apr 2009 1:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I hope it's not fitted with aluminium discs Shocked

Post #45391314th Apr 2009 1:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes

3.0L gets the same size disks as the V8 so 17" rims won't fit without retrofitting the 2.7L disks (which I doubt most insurance companies will be happy with Confused )
 The End  
Post #45391414th Apr 2009 1:13 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

New water cooled EGRs Confused
Quote:
The new, water-cooled, exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR), important for reducing pumping losses and emissions of NOX in a diesel engine, is more efficient and consumes less power than its predecessor, with the valves allowing exhaust gas into the system being located on the ‘hot side’ of the engine nearest the exhaust manifolds. These valves never cool while the engine is running, so there is no condensation of combustion deposits which occurs on engines fitted with ‘cold side’ valves, hence the EGR system always works at maximum efficiency. Since the EGR cooling is so effective, exhaust gasses can bypass the system and return to the exhaust pipes, allowing faster engine warm-up from start-up and reducing emissions still further.

Extra 1000 miles between services Thumbs Up
Quote:
increased service intervals of 16,000 miles.

No more mis-fuels
Quote:
Land Rover's patented device for the diesel fuel filler neck, to reduce the risk of inadvertent fuelling with petrol, is fitted to the new Discovery 4.
 The End  
Post #45393414th Apr 2009 1:30 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Finally, no need to install your own timer...
Quote:
REMOTE PARK HEAT
To help engine warm-up in colder conditions, the LR-TDV6 3.0 litre can be preheated, either by using a one-day timer, programmable via the infotainment screen, or activated using the remote control key fob. Once the engine is up to temperature, any residual heat is channelled into the cabin for enhanced occupant comfort on entry into the vehicle.
 The End  
Post #45395514th Apr 2009 1:56 pm
Hassle

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Oooh I'd have one just for that

Post #45395814th Apr 2009 1:58 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
The internet.

CO2 is down to 244 (same as manual TDV6)

Yeah, but the spec sheet (at least the one I pulled of the LR press site) has NO manual option for the 3.0 Shocked

Makes no sense to me. If you still sell a Manual 2.7 you have to build an interior to take a manual so no cost saving there. I can only assume they have no suitable manual gearbox for the 3.0 engine...

Seems crazy to me, as with a manual option they could claim the CO figures are from X to Y and X would be a lot lower as the manual would be more economical. Thought LR had to get their average CO2 down?

No upgrade plans for us, no attraction if its not more economical with lower road tax...

Post #45408014th Apr 2009 5:36 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Mine's gonna look like this

Whistle
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #45431614th Apr 2009 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 19 of 21 <123 ... 18 192021>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >