Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

2012 D4 Turbo Actuator Rod - Where Is It?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
2012 D4 Turbo Actuator Rod - Where Is It?

I've searched and searched but cannot find the instructions to locating and accessing the (secondary?) turbo actuator on a D4 (2012). I remember about off-road height, front wheels hard left, or is it right? Then removing a plate.

Repeated Restricted Performance. IID shows no fault codes. Vehicle works perfectly well at all speeds then just when I'm enjoying the drive.......! A return trip to Scotland this week, 520 miles round trip. It occurred 7 times going then 3 times returning. No pattern to it.

I've had the turbo hose mod done by my Indy (he told me about it). I've checked the MAP sensor, nice and clean. I've removed and cleaned both MAF sensors. I've stuck my head in the engine looking for the inlet manifold covers, I'm not sure where I was looking but all looked nice and clean. So my next step is to check the actuator linkage and follow the advice about freeing and lubricating but where is it? If that fails then I'll book it in.

I traded in my D3 for this vehicle....my wonderful, reliable D3...., and I'm rapidly going off the bloody thing! Mad

I'd be very grateful for a steer.

Post #192995025th Mar 2018 12:05 am
gvw

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Do you mean this?
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/csov-sticki...63490.html
Thumbs Up

Post #192995625th Mar 2018 1:41 am
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

That's it! My Indy had even priced the replacement part but wanted to save me money by exploring other possible causes. In the meantime I see no harm in having a look-see myself. Many thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #192998125th Mar 2018 9:33 am
Kevo83

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: 2012 D4 Turbo Actuator Rod - Where Is It?

therso wrote:
I've searched and searched but cannot find the instructions to locating and accessing the (secondary?) turbo actuator on a D4 (2012). I remember about off-road height, front wheels hard left, or is it right? Then removing a plate.

Repeated Restricted Performance. IID shows no fault codes. Vehicle works perfectly well at all speeds then just when I'm enjoying the drive.......! A return trip to Scotland this week, 520 miles round trip. It occurred 7 times going then 3 times returning. No pattern to it.

I've had the turbo hose mod done by my Indy (he told me about it). I've checked the MAP sensor, nice and clean. I've removed and cleaned both MAF sensors. I've stuck my head in the engine looking for the inlet manifold covers, I'm not sure where I was looking but all looked nice and clean. So my next step is to check the actuator linkage and follow the advice about freeing and lubricating but where is it? If that fails then I'll book it in.

I traded in my D3 for this vehicle....my wonderful, reliable D3...., and I'm rapidly going off the bloody thing! Mad

I'd be very grateful for a steer.

your old d3 is dream mate a credit to you had pads and discs all round fitted a few weeks back ready for it mot in a few weeks Thumbs Up

Post #193191630th Mar 2018 10:55 pm
JonM

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

When my inlet manifold cracked, I couldn't find any fault codes with the IID until I set the IID to show both confirmed and pending faults.

The fault flag was "pending" so didn't show with the default setting of just showing "confirmed" on the IID.

Page 84 of the manual tells you how to change the setting. https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents/IIDTool/
 MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price! - So good I bought another!
MY2012 D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - retired to a new home

Post #193203131st Mar 2018 2:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >