Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

2021 Holiday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
2021 Holiday

Worry our annual trip to the Vendee for a month in July / August will fall victim to corona for the second year running. I hope (and believe) we can roll the prepaid Brittany Ferry Crossings to 2022 so that helps. So I was hoping to see if anyone had any good recommendations for somewhere hot, 14 nights for a family of 5. (One of which will be a friend of my daughters coming with us). Mate who is a pilot has suggested choosing an island of sorts as corona could be less of an impact. We will fly from Newcastle, Edinburgh or Glasgow ideally. I am thinking a villa or apartment and go self catering rather than all inclusive. Key for me is that it is on a nice beach, has a pool and kids will have enough to keep themselves amused. For the last 10 years we have always done France so my knowledge of holidays outside of this is pretty limited ! Many thanks and appreciate any suggestions ! James[/s]
 James favourite hobby is writing in the third person.  
Post #222530418th Apr 2021 3:48 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

The problem with going to an island that has a low rate is everybody has the same idea so you get da bug heading that way from all over Europe. But the biggest risk factor, in my mind, is not where you go (within reason) but how you get there. I suspect the only safe(ish) option is good old staycations and I understand Stew is taking bookings for Pastieland. Whistle Whistle

Expect the unexpected. Thumbs Up

Post #222530818th Apr 2021 4:08 pm
Mr Kington

Agreed. Irony is France is the safest option as we will be in a car, private cabin on the boat and then in the car for the last leg. Then we are in a tent, outside with loads and loads of space. We are so lucky with where we live as we are close the beach and there is a lot of things to do. But I am keen to get away if at all possible. Thinking Madeira as they are offering a fully comprehensive insurance product should Covid cause issues.
Post #222530918th Apr 2021 4:12 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I’m a bit more on the “I don’t watch to catch it” side of the equation than “I don’t want my holiday messed up”, which I fully understand, mainly coz SWMBO prob has zero immunity to COVID even after being fully vaccinated. We’ve got a load of short stays booked up in UK this year, all booked flexibly or on points/free nights accumulated from our travels, so if things change or we’re not brave enough to take on the additional risk then we haven’t lost anything.

Post #222531118th Apr 2021 4:17 pm
Mr Kington

Makes sense. I won’t have had a jab due to my age but an outside chance it may happen before July. Covid has had such a horrid impact on so many people in so many ways.
Post #222531218th Apr 2021 4:19 pm
Devon Z

England 

I’ve had my first jab, work in the leisure industry but just received my Lateral Flow testing kit to test twice a week.....reason? since the latest relaxation of restrictions it’s gone mad down here and people are behaving like idiots! They’ve already modelled for a spike in infections for the end of July size of it depends on how sensible people are?!

I think we should all be worried I know I am, my wife’s in the high risk group.
 Steve

*2005 RR Sport 2.7tdv6 HSE. Current project.
*98 Volvo V70R FWD, owned 14 years, future project.
*99 BMW Z3 30k miles owned from new. 

Post #222541018th Apr 2021 11:05 pm
SN

OP request - just stay in the UK. Easy.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #222541218th Apr 2021 11:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >