Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

3 weeks in???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
croyde

3 weeks in???

and even though my D3 has not been driven in rain but is outside, I have just noticed that the left hand front and rear footwell carpet is absolutely sodden with no obvious sign of where the water has got in.

Anyone else had this problem???

Cheers

Post #1791518th Sep 2005 1:16 pm
croyde

Just to add, if this is rain water that has happened to get into the car whilst it is stationary, it will severely shake my faith in a vehicle that is supposed to wade rivers, climb mountains and serve us a long time.

Have read a few bits about doors not sealing properly and water getting in while crossing fords, but really.

Was prepared to put up with electronic problems but surely a 21st Century £30K plus car should be capable of keeping you dry, especially when only 3 weeks old.

Post #1791718th Sep 2005 2:26 pm
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

I had just the same when I receved my D3. Left hand footwell was soaked with water after couple of weeks even that it had not rained.

Condensate drain hose from air conditioning unit was not fitted. The repair took half an hour but the carpets and the floor took two days to dry. Carpets were taken off and dried with hot air.

Post #1791818th Sep 2005 4:57 pm
croyde

Sounds the same, cheers. Were the left rear passenger carpets wet aswell?

Post #1791918th Sep 2005 5:24 pm
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Yes, both front and middle row seats were taken off and carpets as well as they were dripping wet.

Post #1792118th Sep 2005 5:35 pm
croyde

Thanks Arsi, so it looks like incompetant dealers not car.

Post #1792518th Sep 2005 5:45 pm
BN

England 

It is proving to be one of the biggest problems the dealers.

Post #1792618th Sep 2005 5:46 pm
croyde

So the service fella seems to think the same as Arsi, pipe not put on properly during assembly.

That is bad for build quality and must of happened to more than two of us.

Waiting for him to get back to me to see if there will be a loan car available.

Pretty inconvenient though as I have to take the day off and drive an unneccessary 60 mile round trip, especially as fuel is so much.

Feel that I should be pushing for some compensation as, in an ideal world Very Happy , a new car should not involve any bother for at least 3 years, that is why I buy them new or nearly new.

If I wanted an old banger with soaking wet carpets, I could have got one for the price of a set of D3 tyres.

Post #1800519th Sep 2005 10:44 am
BN

England 

croyde wrote:
So the service fella seems to think the same as Arsi, pipe not put on properly during assembly.

That is bad for build quality and must of happened to more than two of us.

Waiting for him to get back to me to see if there will be a loan car available.

Pretty inconvenient though as I have to take the day off and drive an unneccessary 60 mile round trip, especially as fuel is so much.

Feel that I should be pushing for some compensation as, in an ideal world Very Happy , a new car should not involve any bother for at least 3 years, that is why I buy them new or nearly new.

If I wanted an old banger with soaking wet carpets, I could have got one for the price of a set of D3 tyres.

Oh boy croyde, you are way behind me in this matter. I totally agree with you. I have a fantastic dealer and yet I have now done about 9 round trips in excess of 80 miles each, 720 miles for niggles, when my little old Jimney has only been in for service and has covered 100,000 miles Shocked

That has cost me around £110 in fuel, so they have given me a free oil change and a free next service (£550ish). It still does not compensate for the lost time, basically 9 days Shocked

Effectively if I was at the peak of my business a few years ago it would have cost me around £10,000, thats serious.

Post #1801119th Sep 2005 11:00 am
croyde

Blimey! not good.

At least you got the service but losing money through days off is not what we want.

Post #1801719th Sep 2005 11:12 am
BN

England 

croyde wrote:
Blimey! not good.

At least you got the service but losing money through days off is not what we want.

And that is what my next objective is to get compensation for loss of earnings, because as you say a £30 to 40k car should not see a garage for at least a year or 15,000 miles.

Even if the dealer brings out a car, I could not have earned as it would not tow or be able to be taken abroad. Like for like is what it should be.

When the law is changed to that, then the breakdowns will go down also I think. Anyone want to get onto their MP to start a white paper.

Post #1801919th Sep 2005 11:17 am
croyde

Got a call, the other day, from the service dept saying that all was fixed and that the carpets had been taken out and dried.

Today they delivered my S and as they were disappearing in the Loan car I found that the carpets were still sodden and the news papers, that I had put down in the hope of soaking up some of the water, were still in place and virtually papier mache.

Caught up with them, so I still have the loan car, till this afternoon as it is to be changed as this one has been sold, and they have taken mine back. Someone is supposed to be calling me to explain what happened.

What a waste of my time.

Up to now it was only Land Rover that I was annoyed with for not fitting a pipe correctly, as the dealer had been very curteous and efficient. Obviously I was wrong.

Me and the family are supposed to be going away this weekend, the main reason that we bought the D3, plenty of weekends away, but it depends on what they replace the loan car with. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Rant over..................for now.

Post #1925423rd Sep 2005 11:29 am
DrLex

Iceland 

croyde wrote:
Caught up with them, so I still have the loan car, till this afternoon as it is to be changed as this one has been sold, and they have taken mine back. Someone is supposed to be calling me to explain what happened....
Me and the family are supposed to be going away this weekend, the main reason that we bought the D3, plenty of weekends away, but it depends on what they replace the loan car with. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Blimey! What an absolute shower!
I'd ring them now and insist that unless you have a D3 or RR as a replacement, you'll keep the loan car. Not only should the garage have demonstrators, but the Principle staff will have cars that can be co-opted in these cases. Like you need to have a mechanic at £100 per hour to dry out some carpets and do a valet job. Sheesh! Name and shame, please..
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #1926423rd Sep 2005 1:18 pm
croyde

Serves me right for being reasonable and thinking about the customer who wants his/hers HSE.

If they hadn't told me that it was being sold I would have held on to it.

Censored have replaced it with a 2 door Freelander. Missus heavily pregnant so is gonna find it a nightmare getting 2 year old into his seat. I have just found it awkward enough to fit it.

Service manager has said that they will compensate me in some way, whatever that means, and that disciplinary action will be taken against the person who was supposed to sort the problem out, but didn't.

Post #1928523rd Sep 2005 2:33 pm
BN

England 

DrLex wrote:
croyde wrote:
Caught up with them, so I still have the loan car, till this afternoon as it is to be changed as this one has been sold, and they have taken mine back. Someone is supposed to be calling me to explain what happened....

Blimey! What an absolute shower!
I'd ring them now and insist that unless you have a D3 or RR as a replacement, you'll keep the loan car. Not only should the garage have demonstrators, but the Principle staff will have cars that can be co-opted in these cases. Like you need to have a mechanic at £100 per hour to dry out some carpets and do a valet job. Sheesh! Name and shame, please..

I agree with DrLex, this situation is rediculous. I had a similar problem recently and I spoke 'nicely' to the right people and dug my heels in and a job that was to take 3 to 4 weeks took 24 hours. As for the loan car again DrLex is right, the senior managers have cars that are for demo as well as their use. I bet the MD has at least a D3 or RR, get that, you have paid for yours, he has not.

Finally I also had another car that broke down after 3 weeks. On the 5th week I now have refunds and compensation, done and dusted. Basically dig in and tell them what is going to happen, not let them tell you.

Post #1928623rd Sep 2005 2:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >