Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

39 mpg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
HarrisonB

England 
39 mpg

Before I start – I DID NOT set out to achieve this figure. It resulted from unusual circumstances.

I set out to visit the Apple shop in Birmingham and filled up with cheap diesel at the local supermarket nearby. After filling up I did the usual and reset the trip, mpg and average speed.

Off I went along the A42, M42, M6, Aston Expressway to the City Centre. On parking up I checked the readings and saw a return of 30.1mpg over 31 miles. Not bad I thought, particularly as the warning signs on the Motorway were showing high winds.

Reverse journey, checked the readings to find a shocking 34.5mpg over 61.8 miles.

By my crude maths that means it did just under 39mpg on the return journey. Could it have been down hill with a strong tale wind. I think the answer is predominantly yes. I checked the average speed over the whole journey to find an average 42.8mph. Other factors included a 10 minute spell in crawling traffic out of Brum, the M6 flowing at 60mph and a 5 mile stretch on the M42 at a restricted 40mph in road works. The journey was basically a queue at fuel efficient speeds.

Just to balance the thread my average fuel calculations brim to brim have been 27, 27, 24, 29, 27, 25 and 26mpg on mainly A roads and town. The trip computer comparisons have shown that it is around 1mpg more generous than the true calculation. Now done 3400 mile.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 D3 gone for now  
Post #5142231st Mar 2006 5:58 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well done !

And it goes to show what visiting one of our Retail Stores can do for the environment too ?

Did you buy anything Wink

-s

Post #5143031st Mar 2006 6:59 pm
HarrisonB

England 

I bought a JBL Onstage, remarkable sound!

Details here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-Onstage-on-stage...dZViewItem

Now to pluck up the courage to fit the ipod in the D3 following cotefarmboy’s instructions.
[/url]
 D3 gone for now  
Post #5143531st Mar 2006 7:21 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Have to say Simon, we went to the Apple store in the Trafford Centre the other day, and we were mightily impressed by the exceptional service from the staff.

We only went in for a new case for my sons Ipod, we ended getting a training session from one of the staff on how to manage Itunes properly, and how to reload from the ipod to the library after Windows threw its toys out!

Last edited by Gareth on 31st Mar 2006 7:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5144231st Mar 2006 7:38 pm
SN

Can't keep my kids out of the TC Apple Shop when we go there - frog marched them both out a couple of months ago when one of them launched some song at a million decibels across the shop from a Mac Shocked
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5144531st Mar 2006 7:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

yup- I reset mine on a clear A90 today for about 20 miles & it was showing high 30's until I got into town when it dipped to 25.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #5147031st Mar 2006 8:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >