Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

4x4 Info Screen & Voice Activation on D4 XS :-)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
4x4 Info Screen & Voice Activation on D4 XS :-)

Another milestone cracked on the D4 Mr. Green

After a massive amount of work done in the developement and testing on the D4 with Colin and Gabi at BBS (Blackbox-Soloutions) , again im very proud to announce that we have completed the CCF edit function software on the BBS Faultmate MSV2.

Which allows us to switch on things like the 4x4 info screen on the nav unit and enable voice activation on the XS D4's, interestingly my D4 had the voice button fitted to the right hand side of the steering wheel as standard but up untill now has not ever worked because its not a HSE and its very simlar with the 4x4 info screen.

The CCF edit capeability as most of you know from the D3 forum lets us edit the "Car Configuration File" using the correct diagnostic protocalls to enable extra added functions on the 2010 D4 that are in some cases hiden away.
"Exactley as and correctly as if it were done at the factory when you orderd your car with the added functions."

The process has not been the easiest of roads ive ever walked down i must say, but at the same time very very rewarding and a massive learning curve for me which ive enjoyed immensely because that is what makes me tick.

Because this car is so new and diagnostics have not been completed previousley by any other diagnostic tool manafacturers we have had to basicly start from scratch learning exactly how the systems on the D4 work to enable not only full diagnostics at the dealer level, but to take it one or two steps further and be able to change things the dealer tool cant like the CCF (Car Configuration File)

Some of this work envloves disassembling the program code that runs within the control modules on the car, making logs of communication between the modules on there running state the list goes on of the work needed to complete such a huge task.

This is yet another massive leap forward we have managed on what is still only a 3 month old model car.

More posts and great news as developement happens.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 14th Jan 2010 11:14 pm. Edited 9 times in total 
Post #58166514th Jan 2010 9:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cold_n_wet

Norway 

well done everybody

Bow down Bow down
 IDTOOL PRO / Faultmate programing and BAS remaping services in Norway.
Diagnostic for most Land rover vehicles
Land Rover parts and accessories.
Stockist of RLD equipment.
www.praesto4x4.no
D4 gone, missed but replaced with a 110 Puma. 

Post #58168314th Jan 2010 9:30 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Can you enable the day time running lights? Question

Stop exagerating Pete - the D4 has been out for at least 4 months, not 3 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hmmm...now I understand where versions D to K went to Whistle

Fantastic news considering the timescales involved Thumbs Up Well done to all involved Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #58170714th Jan 2010 10:11 pm
bellautos

Hi Paul

Yes in Interior and Exterior Lighting menu you will find a wonderfull aray of choices to play with.

Daytime Running Lights
Scandinavian Daytime Running Lights
Canadian Daytime Running Lights
Police Lamps

Take ya pick and fill your boots Mr. Green

You were right about the D to K bit lol execpt we have run out of letters in the alphabet now so we have settled on a peer to peer system and direct file transfer to save us running out of numbers as well.

Pete

Post #58174714th Jan 2010 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Excellent, well done. Particularly interested in the voice controls since dealer told me the kit wasn't physically fitted in the XS Smile

Next question: how do we actually get all this stuff enabled? Have you got a commercial product yet for the usual suspects to be able to offer the service, or are we still at the drive to N. Yorks and admire the scary tangle of wires and insulating tape hanging out the back of your laptop (and D4?!) stage?

Cheers

Martin

Post #58182615th Jan 2010 7:52 am
PaulP

MartinR - I'm not as clued up as Pete and Colin obviously are on this, but I know that the new software is being finalised and it will use the same hardware (Faultmate MSV-2).

Again, the new version will be released free of charge to all Faultmate owners, but will obviously need a new license specifically for the D4.

So yes - a commercial product is just around the corner and works with existing hardware, although I would ask Pete or Colin to correct me if I'm wrong Thumbs Up
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #58183315th Jan 2010 8:13 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Well done to both of you, keep up the good work Thumbs Up .
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #58187815th Jan 2010 9:55 am
bellautos

MartinR its exactley as PaulP said you will be able to buy the Faultmate MSV2 and a single or multi vehicle software module SM134 and if you only wanted to read and clear there is the Faultmate FCR.

It wont be very long before a public relice of the SM134 on the MSV2 along with CCF edit etc, and all the extra functions that are developed for the D4 would come as a free upgrade to your tool.

Of course there will be people like my self who already has the SM134 multi vehicle licence on the MSV2 that can enable the extra functions for a resonable price.

Pete

PS @ MartinR, i take it like my XS yours also came with the voice button on the right hand steering switches but does not work ?
I only ask because ive not seen many D4 XS's and taken not of all the buttons etc.

Post #58190015th Jan 2010 10:31 am
Heyloft

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Amazing work,

Does it enable you to include the Climate/heater Timer function also?
 Wot's that in Old Money

Fuji White D4 HSE-LUX
rear entertainment
TV
TPMS
Park Heater
Centre Console cooler box 

Post #58191915th Jan 2010 10:57 am
bellautos

Yes but there are some extra pipework components on the climate FBH cars as standard so im unsure yet if its pratical to enable or not.

pete

Last edited by bellautos on 15th Jan 2010 11:06 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58192215th Jan 2010 11:00 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It will be exactly as it is with the D3, IE available to run in single vehicle or multi vehicle modes on our standard MSV-2 equipment. The servers can support up to 3 Vehicles in SV mode or any number of models in MV mode or even a combination of both.

With the D4, 2010 Sport and 2010 Range rovers however, there is going to be a lot more CCF stuff to play with yet. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

So. yes anyone who wants to, as long as they buy or already own BBS Diagnostic equipment will be able to do some pretty wicked thinks to your Disco 4 as well.

But i must say that the rapid speed of developments on all the later 2010 vehicle stuff is largely down to our formation of such a close alliance with Pete and there is no way we could have done it without him.

As Pete says, we really have had to give him a crash course in some really very heavy stuff so and we have set up some remote capabilities that enable Pete to link us really deeply into his Disco 4's electronic network of ECU's so we can see whats going on, and that really is a god send for us. And i can't thank him enough for the considerable time he has put into helping us, which of course ultimately benefits all owners.

I was hoping to see some decent before and after pictures though Laughing

It's just as well Pete is really into this sort of stuff though, as i am sure if it were anyone else their head might have exploded Rolling with laughter

Last edited by BBS SPY on 15th Jan 2010 11:52 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58192515th Jan 2010 11:04 am
bellautos

Pictures and Voice video uploading now Smile

Post #58193615th Jan 2010 11:19 am
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

bellautos wrote:
i take it like my XS yours also came with the voice button on the right hand steering switches but does not work ?

Exactly.

Looking forward to the vid Smile

Post #58195415th Jan 2010 11:36 am
PaulP

BBS SPY wrote:
......we have set up some remote capabilities that enable Pete to link us really deeply into his Disco 3's electronic network of ECU's ........

Hi Colin,

Didn't you mean Disco 4? Whistle
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #58195615th Jan 2010 11:38 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Paul, I had to stick my head back together with super glue Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #58196815th Jan 2010 11:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >