Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

4x4 Response insurance advice/information please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ebygum32

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

When i joined Yorkshire-Lincs 4x4 response was advised to contact my insurance and inform them of what i was doing stating it is voluntary and not paid, most insurance companies just add it to your policy but a few like mine say it is best to get buisness insurance (£20 extra) for year.

Post #85913315th Nov 2011 7:11 am
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Right.....update time...... I had to fill out a form today,so decided to clarify the situation....a couple of Community Council (CC) members,who were present at the meeting with Scottish Borders Council (SBC),were adamant that they had asked SBC about this very situation.(whether your beloved Disco/L200/Navara or ....... Shogun Pinin Laughing )was covered in the event of a "mercy mission" shunt)
They assured me that they had been told by SBC that the Council had spent the last 6 months getting this applied to their 3rd party insurance liability......and that you,and,crucially,your vehicle were covered,if you were providing voluntary assistance to the local community....providing you had registered said assistance with SBC/CC beforehand....
I feel reassured,but we all agreed a black and white agreement from SBC would probably be put many minds at rest before anyone puts their Pride and Joy at "risk"
If it is the case,and I have no reason to think it is not....should all 4x4 groups and responders not be chasing their local Councils for cover ?
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Last edited by euangibson on 20th Nov 2011 11:32 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #86090519th Nov 2011 7:00 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
to much hassle

hi
I allready work with the emergency services and I thought I would offer my vehicle to help and found the amount o paperwork and personel checks by some of so called response or rescue companies were way to intrusive and I felt they didn't need to know a lot of the stuff they were asking so I just forgot about it ,it just wasn't worth it

Post #86095419th Nov 2011 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

euangibson wrote:
you, and your vehicle were covered, if you were providing voluntary assistance to the local community....providing you had registered said assistance with SBC/CC

. . . and also were called out by the SBC. No cover if you are called out by, for example, Red Cross.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #86096119th Nov 2011 10:14 pm
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Navigator wrote:
euangibson wrote:
you, and your vehicle were covered, if you were providing voluntary assistance to the local community....providing you had registered said assistance with SBC/CC

. . . and also were called out by the SBC. No cover if you are called out by, for example, Red Cross.

Yup...I think that is where the local Action Plan differs from the 4x4 Response groups.I expect I will be called on more for the "bread-and-milk run",as opposed to the "come-quick-the baby's-coming"! run....I hope Shocked
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #86105120th Nov 2011 10:17 am
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

In Hampshire you have to be covered by your own insurance for a shunt, however they do provide PLI insurance so it you break someone's legs whilst recovering their car then you'll be covered.

I phoned my insurance (Adrian Flux) and they confirmed that my fully comp policy covers me for volunteering as well as that comes under the social, domestic and pleasure part. As long as you do not do it for hire or reward then you're fine. Claiming expenses is not hire or reward so should be fine.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #86106720th Nov 2011 11:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >