Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

6 speed reluctant change up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Crispy

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
6 speed reluctant change up

I have an '05 V8 HSE D3 and not had it long. In the first week I took it on a country drive (400km) and during climbing up slight gradients, the auto changes back from 6th to 5th. when the road levels out again and speed is at the preset cruise (110km/hr) speed, the auto remains in 5th gear - for many kilometers of flat driving!!Only if i intervene and manually select 6th does it change up. Next gradient same again over and over. When getting up to 80km/hr from rest it changes into 6th OK but only at these slightly higher speeds does this phenomenon occur. Its a bit puzzling and I have a bit of warranty left but wondered if anyone has any ideas or is this a common thing with no solution.
Otherwise the car is brilliant. My wife cant stand it though. Says "its a truck unlike the previous Ford Territory" prior to this D3. It was doubly hard to get into this as our previous D2 ES V8 was plagued with LR'itis. numerous and various issues too long for this note.
TIA.

Regards

Crispy
 '05 D3 HSE V8, Zambezi
'92 Jag XJRS 

Post #1855183rd Aug 2007 5:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

A truck compared to a Territory? Shocked Confused Well I supose the Terroritory has only car like abilities.
My wife love the D3 and wants to drive it all the time Sad the other is a VW Golf diesel rocket.
No idea but I would check it has had the software ehancement done. fixed some transmission issues and suspension issues.
Either way if you have a concern take it to the dealer and get them to look at it. They may find the fault but if they don't and the transmission goes just out of warranty it would help your case for a claim.
I am sure your wife will come around with some long distance driving sooooo luxurious. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #1855233rd Aug 2007 7:08 am
Crispy

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes, I agree, it is soooo luxurious. I will take it up with the dealer to see what their stance is. The problem with this particular phenomenon is that it can't be replicated in the city confines because of the speed for one thing and the distance where upshift does not occur its hard to replicate using Freeways with traffic - even if ignoring the posted limits.

thanks for feedback

PC
 '05 D3 HSE V8, Zambezi
'92 Jag XJRS 

Post #1855293rd Aug 2007 7:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >