Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

61 reg - bluetooth music
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
BCP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I have a lowly 13 plate GS and if the phone is paired and the correct source is chosen for bluetooth (not necessarily the paired phone) it all works. Pair phone and check it's selected on the phone list. Then go into aux / bluetooth and see what's available. On the GS I get the choice full info on the little screen.

BCP

Post #113817130th Jul 2013 9:52 pm
pmajor

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Dirkcrisis wrote:
It struck me as odd when you said don't have Bluetooth music. I have a 61 plate D4 HSE and an iPhone 4S. I've just checked tonight and my OEM head unit streams Bluetooth audio (under My Music then Bluetooth).

Is there a difference in spec between the audio for the Landmark & HSE?

Interesting!

I'm pretty sure that I don't have bluetooth audio... on the stereo under mobile device, the options I have are iPhone, USB and Aux. Do you also have bluetooth in that list?

Don't suppose you could post a picture of the screen with the option, could you?

My understanding is that the landmark was between XS and HSE spec wise. I think it was mostly visual differences. The leather seats have contrast stitching. The side vent, front grill, door handles are all black (on the white disco anyway).

I thought I read in another post in the forum that only MY12 discos and forward had bluetooth streaming. Sounds like you got lucky!

Post #11393182nd Aug 2013 7:30 pm
Eirik

Norway 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Couldn't it be possible to do a software fix for this (or an app or something)? Navi apps like Daze connects via bluetooth to give the voice prompts on the stereo, and in my head Nina from Sweden that tells you to take the first left is audio too.

MY2012 Discovery 4
MY2000 Defender
MY1984 110

Post #11394682nd Aug 2013 10:18 pm
pmajor

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Here's an image of my "Portable Audio" section, is this what yours looks like dirkcrisis?

Click image to enlarge

Post #11396583rd Aug 2013 2:20 pm
spoons66

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 4

pmajor wrote:
Here's an image of my "Portable Audio" section, is this what yours looks like dirkcrisis?

Click image to enlarge

I use one of these :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Bluetooth...omputers_1

Charge it up (lasts easily 10hrs per charge), plug into the aux socket in rear centre console, pair with your phone (audio only - you can simultaneously have your phone paired to the car for phone use), switch to Aux and use your phone to control the music (I use Spotify and TuneIn). Also suggest you get a brodit mount to attach the phone to the dash to the left of the steering wheel.
Enjoy Smile

Post #114280512th Aug 2013 12:40 pm
Dirkcrisis

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Quote:
Interesting!

I'm pretty sure that I don't have bluetooth audio... on the stereo under mobile device, the options I have are iPhone, USB and Aux. Do you also have bluetooth in that list?

Don't suppose you could post a picture of the screen with the option, could you?

My understanding is that the landmark was between XS and HSE spec wise. I think it was mostly visual differences. The leather seats have contrast stitching. The side vent, front grill, door handles are all black (on the white disco anyway).

I thought I read in another post in the forum that only MY12 discos and forward had bluetooth streaming. Sounds like you got lucky!

Hello! Apologies for the delay in replying. I've been on holiday for a week without decent Internet access. I think my confusion has been resolved through this post. Whilst my D4 is a 61 plate, it's a MY12 model first registered in December 2011. I didn't realise that previous models didn't have that feature. I have a slightly different head unit to you. I'm still happy to post a pic, but I think I understand why mine differs from yours.

Post #114308812th Aug 2013 10:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >