Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #70403415th Oct 2010 6:34 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Nick...

They have done a cracking job on your car... indeed, most jealous - I went in on Wednesday to have a look as they are only a couple of miles away from me (you mentioned that they are in Northants) and when I rang to discuss seats, they mentioned that they had a FFRR, an F2 and two D4's, one of which I now believe to be yours...

I don't think that it was too easy to get the old trim off... like most things Land Rover it appears to be held in with generous amounts of Tiger Seal - I briefly contemplated the 'cutting out the aperture' route but think that for £35 or thereabouts, I'll be going down the new trim route.

Rob

Post #70403915th Oct 2010 6:47 pm
Daveyboy

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Does any one have the part numbers for the trim? Could do with knowing the part for the window motor connector thats been removed.

Post #70405715th Oct 2010 7:26 pm
Nick_W

England 

Hi Rob..

Did you decide to go down this route then rather than the scotseats? It wasn't cheap in the end as they also charged me another £130 + vat for labour to remove the panels and replace with new trim, so all in all with transport I think it was about £2200 + vat

Oh, and Land Rover dropped a big Censored by not sending my car with the power upgrade, all the paper work was correct, 245bhp, but they rang Duckworths to say there was an error and I've actually got a 210bhp model, lord knows how they've managed that... and the only solution was to wait another 2-3 months for a new one, easier said than done when it's already stripped out for seats!!

Anyhow I obviously got the cost of £850 deducted from the invoice plus a further £850 goodwill gesture + my discount from Duckworth so over £3k + vat so more than happy, just see how it goes for a couple of weeks, already found someone who can remap if needed for £400 and he seems to think he can break the 250bhp mark!!

Let me know if you need any further info... Nick
 Disco 4 Commercial 3.0 TDV6, Stornoway Grey, 20" 10 spoke alloys , Sat Nav, Luxury Pack, DAB, Colour Coded  
Post #70415716th Oct 2010 5:52 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Nick

See you're up early... I take it that's a by-product of the D4 arriving today!!!! Thumbs Up

As you said way back, there's a significant difference between the Scotseats and Atlantechs option and I now just need to do the persuasive bit with my FD as he had already agreed the costs for Scotseats! However, I'm waiting on Jeff (or is it Geoff?) confirming prices so that I can start my campaign.

How can they get it so wrong... Shocked

That's the second 210bhp Commercial delivered in error (Ent also has the same issue...) but I agree that rejecting yours could be interesting now that the rear seat conversion has been done... it's really very tidy with the re-shaped load bed etc. and there is obviously a lot of work put into the seats.

Likewise (and as per my earlier post), I think that the removal of the window trim was something of a task - part technique, part brute force but worth it in the end. It would be useful if you have the part numbers for the new trim pieces at some stage.

Hope all goes well later with your collection of the D4...

Rob

Post #70416916th Oct 2010 8:14 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Rob

When I'm back in the office I'll scan my LR invoice in with all the part numbers you will need to convert it properly, these include all the small trim pieces from around the drivers and passenger side front seats etc.

Nick

I rejected mine there and then and asked the dealer what he proposed to do about my lack of transport. I made him put my rejection down on paper, he then said I could drive away in the 210bhp until LR could confirm that the mis-build was an error on their part, all this was friday afternoon so I had to wait till Monday for an answer. LR came back and held their hand up so I'm now in a position of driving around for 6 months in a 210bhp model until the 245bhp one arrives, I then hand this one back and drive away in the one I originally wanted. I've done the full conversion regardless as it was a good oppertunity to practise on a dummy model first. Reverting it back to a commercial is no big thing, with the help from another forum member I rekon it will take less than a day.

Lee
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #70418116th Oct 2010 9:01 am
discoman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Guys

Do you have the part numbers for the trim and motors or tell me where to order them from

Thanks

Richard

Post #8321626th Sep 2011 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Geo wrote:
Removed the panels from the rear passenger doors within half an hour of the Land Rover being delivered.
I took a large kitchen knife with a blade that wouldn't bend and worked along the top of the door until I could get enough to grip, then pulled them off. Big improvement. Would be good if the windows would open as well.

On mine I heated them up with a hairdryer and then used a section of fishing line to cut the glue.

Pom

Post #8322816th Sep 2011 7:15 pm
sbrown

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Any news on a list of part numbers needed for this or photos / a bit of a how to. I'd like to do this and get the windows working as well and ideally do it myself rather than paying someone else to. Any news on how to get the plastic off / cleaned and the doors apart to get to the relevant parts in where necessary.

Bit nervous about taking the car apart without as much information as possible.
 Action Cam Talk - Free Action camera chat and member discounts
www.actioncamtalk.com 

Post #8323706th Sep 2011 10:07 pm
mattlidster

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I have done mine, I pulled the rear door window trims off complete with the black ABS panels stuck to them, i picked out the blob of glue in the window motors and have had to order the following from Nick AKA the large one from this site, 2 new window trims ELN000033 LH, ELN000023 RH at £13.63 Each, 2 complete window motor mechanisms part 27000 at £72.34 each (however all I needed was the grey plastic electric connector from the motor so I have 2 spare window mechanism with motors now!) All I did was unplug the grey connector from the new mechanisms and slot it back into the hole, plugged the wire in and had to run a flat blade along the top of the window seal as there was a blob of sealant in there! and that was it I now have working rear windows! As for the very rear ABS panels they were a bit more tricky and involved taking rear trims and rear side panels off ( but not completely) and with much pulling and swearing these too came off, admittedly not in one piece!!

Post #8324357th Sep 2011 8:44 am
Baschurchbill

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

It is worth mentioning here that Land Rover make quite a thing about "saving the planet" but employ some "jobsworth" who quite needlessly uses HUGE quantities of tiger seal and smashes the connector from the window motors, causing expensive waste. If only they could apply this dilligence to other aspect of probduction.

Post #8324777th Sep 2011 11:52 am
tomcat404

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
rear seats

In the next few weeks I too will be taking the rear panles off the disco. i already have the dog guard, and cargo divider and hopefully some seats on the way, thanks for the parts numbers, Bow down

just looking for some seat belts from a disco 3 or 4 for the second and third row Shocked

Post #85037722nd Oct 2011 1:53 pm
mattlidster

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Added a few snaps of so far!

Post #85305930th Oct 2011 10:59 am
tomcat404

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

very nice, really cleans it up inside, never though of adding the load bay cover too?

any more plans?

Post #85316230th Oct 2011 4:53 pm
LiftedDisco

Hi Matt

Looking good... I left the black plastic in place for the very rear set of side windows as I tend to reverse into spaces. Herself on the other hand has a habit of banging it in anywhere forwards which can make the outward journey somewhat 'interesting'.

Quick question... what's involved in getting the door cards off to get to the motor assembly?

Cheers!
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #85328930th Oct 2011 9:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >