Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

ABS panels on D4 commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
sbrown

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

LiftedDisco wrote:

Quick question... what's involved in getting the door cards off to get to the motor assembly?
Cheers!

I can help in that bit as I did it last week including doing the window motors.

Taking the door panel off:-

One screw in the door release handle, 2 in the lower tray in the door, pop off the 2 chrome pieces of trim either side of the door handle - 2 screws behind each one.

To get the chrome pieces off I used a reasonably wide flat screwdriver covered in about 3 layers of old t-shirt to not scratch and lever it off from underneath.

Once all the screws are out used the lower tray to start pulling the door card and work your fingers round the outside of both sides then pull off the top row of clips last and it should release.
 Action Cam Talk - Free Action camera chat and member discounts
www.actioncamtalk.com 

Post #85329230th Oct 2011 9:12 pm
bw_306

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Resurrecting this old thread...

Does anyone know if the new commercial SE has the same bonded window panels as the earlier models?

I am probably not looking at doing a seat conversion as need all the load space, but a lot of my work is reversing large bits of kit into tight spaces, so ideally I would be able to out out of heavily tinted passenger row and rear quarter windows?

Also are the windows under the panels, limo tinted at the factory?

Many Thanks in advance.

Ben

Post #16195233rd Mar 2016 8:12 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

I can't comment for the very latest vehicles but there were no changes to part numbers or specifications between my 2011 and 2014 MY vehicles and I can't imagine that they will have changed the system...

The door panels are relatively easy to change - as indicated, you will need the replacement window surrounds to replace the missing trim - the glass is, indeed, factory tinted.

I have never bothered with the very rear panels (behind the C pillar) and have to get trailers into some fairly tight spots and have always managed without too much issue. To my mind, the biggest visibility issue is with the rear door windows - how many times do you come to an oblique junction and need to peer back over your left shoulder... too often for comfort with the full Commercial set up in place!

As for the very rear windows... good luck! The parts catalogue (there's an on-line Russian [searchable] version) might shed some light on what's available in the way of replacement trims but I think it's likely to be more involved than the doors as you are then into 'car' trims with, presumably, cut-outs for belts to the 3rd row seats etc.
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #16195423rd Mar 2016 9:10 am
discoman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi MIne is a 2015 and the panels are all the same

easy to change and better side vision

Richard

Post #16195763rd Mar 2016 10:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bw_306

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for the replies. Sounds likely then that they would not have bothered a re-design for the run out models.

Richard, how are you liking the Loire blue? Very tempted but unsure as to how purple it goes in the sunlight!

Cheers

Post #16196453rd Mar 2016 1:47 pm
discoman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Love the Blue just sparkles in the sun does not look purple

Post #16197023rd Mar 2016 3:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >