Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ACC (adaptive Cruise Control) Retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 19 <123 ... 789 ... 171819>
albal

United Kingdom 

Was just reading about AAC on NA LR3. It's the in the training manual but did it make it onto a LR3/D3?

Post #123460611th Feb 2014 2:59 am
luciogodoy

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi All;

Been thinking on this issue overnight ...

So the ACC ECU connects to the Disco 3 main ECU (brain) via the cam-bus; this feels like the FBH where the ability to set the car to warm-up at a particular time was
available on early versions of the Disco firmware, and not present on the more recent versions - hence using the webasto hack. (Very early Discovery 3's had park heater settings in the Settings Menu but this was removed as part of the Enhancement Programme in 2005. http://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Fuel_Burning_Heater)

So, what i'm trying to say is; if the main firmware does not support the ACC, it doesn't matter how we do it, unless BBS SPY can add that feature back on - it won't work.

Unfortunately I feel this is a no-go retrofit :bulb:

Lucio
 I'm riding a R1250GSA Triple Back
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #123473711th Feb 2014 12:43 pm
kenny

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

I hope you're wrong Lucio, on my D4 at least the car main ECU appears to recognise the ACC ECU but it just needs to be calibrated that is all that is missing to find out for sure. I have everything fitted and activated in my car, it's now down to who comes up with the learn mode or align procedure first.

GAP or BBS

Maybe I should run a book on it Laughing

Post #123474511th Feb 2014 1:01 pm
luciogodoy

Hi kenny

I hope so too. Very Happy

I've seen on the auction site, land-rover ids interfaces with land-rover diagnostics software been sold there, wouldn't that have the hability to calibrate the system?

Thanks

Lucio
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #123499711th Feb 2014 7:39 pm
kenny

I don't know Lucio, I am taking my car in for a service tomorrow and they said they would see if they can initiate the align procedure for me. But they have no idea if they can or not until they connect the car, it's not something that has ever been asked of them before.

At least they seem keen to try, but my experience with various land rover dealers over the last 14 years has shown me that they really know very little about their own diagnostic equipment, I hope I'm proven wrong tomorrow.

Post #123537612th Feb 2014 12:49 pm
luciogodoy

That's great news, depending on the results we might 'light the fire' again on this topic!

Good luck - all fingers crossed

Post #123540312th Feb 2014 1:35 pm
luciogodoy

kenny wrote:
I don't know Lucio, I am taking my car in for a service tomorrow ....

Kenny

Any news pls

Lucio

Post #123645013th Feb 2014 10:50 pm
kenny

No luck I'm afraid, but I really didn't expect any. It was a simple case of ACC was not fitted to the car so the official Land Rover diagnostic equipment hasn't offered the option for the dealer to put it into learn mode.

It was quite funny though explaining to the service manager what I wanted doing, I don't think they had ever had to any work on a ACC (say on a range rover vogue) let alone a D4. Even though they did try, I was not charged for the time, and I think most dealers would have not even bothered, so thumbs up to them Thumbs Up Thumbs Up all the same.

I'm still confident that it will eventually be done though, there are many things that can be done on the after market diagnostic devices that the dealers can not do.

Post #123668214th Feb 2014 2:27 pm
luciogodoy

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the note & trying it!

Its a shame - I was looking forward to a positive response!

Based on your experience, what I find interesting is that if you have a D4 that has ACC as part of accessories range, and with that you cannot get it enabled, me with my D3 will have not chance!

Are we missing something very basic like a wire connection, or a dip-switch change?

I wonder if we had an original RR or D4 (don't know if ACC it's available on pre MY2014) with ACC, we could run some diagnostics / troubleshooting with it and make some comparisons.

I'm still hopeful

Lucio

Post #123674414th Feb 2014 4:15 pm
luciogodoy

Hi all

@BBS SPY

I've been thinking, I believe the ACC feature has been available on RRS since 2006, since the disco 3 and RRS share same chassis, cambus(?) and engine, wouldn't be possible for instance to switch whatever CPU that contains the firmware that operates the ACC from RRS to the disco?

Also the same thinking could be applied to the timed FBH.

Does it sound plausible ?

Lucio

Post #133817110th Sep 2014 9:24 pm
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Colin
Did you ever get the ECE for the Range Rover sport
I have had one on my shelf along with all the other bits for two years now.
A guy in usa had the ecu
Best Regards Ian

Post #138094628th Nov 2014 11:57 pm
L4FIROP

United States 2009 Discovery 4 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
ACC Retrofit Project

Just wondering how you have got on with this retrofit?

Did you also add the Center console Switch pack and the Left hand Steering wheel Switch pack ?

I think that when the system goes through its plausibility check during calibration its looking for these. Did you also look at the CCF file and ensure that all of the advanced settings were active.

I am using a Nanocom Evolution here in the USA and it shows a whole host of additional configs

Post #139752730th Dec 2014 8:29 am
L4FIROP

ACC Retrofit Project

Location of the Radar module and height is critical in the USA it has to be mounted on the driver side approx 16 inches from the road surface. The antenna pattern is based upon a phase array module and is very particular it has a slight look up angle and has a narrow beam pattern 15 deg

Post #139815130th Dec 2014 10:44 pm
L4FIROP

ACC Install on MY09 RRS-SC

Well I got all the bits together and custom built the wiring loom for the ACC. I have installed it in the factory position with the ECU Bracket in the LH Driver side wheel well. You have to remove the Dynamic Stability ECU to access it. There are no factory cables in place so I have had to make the loom from scratch but covered the cables and strands in Techflex this makes for a nice neat job. The Path to the front for the Sensor loom is tricky so I have had to cut hole and add a big grommet to maintain the cabins water tightness. I also applied some Silicon RTV to it to ensure that no moisture will get through. Last but no least is the Required Factory Bracket for the Sensor and a front Bumper cover. The Sensor has to be accurately aligned using a spirit level to ensure that the sensor is perfectly level with the horizon. I have included a copy of the alignment procedure and also the tool info that is needed.

CCF is ready to be flashed thats the next job tomorrow.

Post #141702030th Jan 2015 1:57 am
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Looking good. Hope you can get it working. I have all bits sat on a shelf for 2 years.
Best Regards Ian

Post #141754730th Jan 2015 10:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 19 <123 ... 789 ... 171819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >