Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

ADAC satisfaction poll
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
ADAC satisfaction poll

The December issue of ADACmotorwelt, the monthly magazine of the ADAC (the German equivalent of the AA), contains the results of a survey of 54000 drivers. They were asked to pass judgement on their cars with regard to quality, reliability, the workshop and other factors, marking each factor on a scale from 1=good to 5=bad. In the results Land Rover doesn’t come out well (mostly there isn’t any distinction between the various models). For the combination of car and servicing, LR received 2.12, second last before Smart. Though 2.12 as such isn’t actually a bad mark, others do much better (Porsche top with 1.20, Subaru about the same, Jaguar 1.48). The only possible consolation is that other major league players didn’t do much better, Mercedes 2.02, VW 2.03. Good results (around 1.4 or less for the car) were achieved by companies like Porsche, Subaru, Toyota and Lada.

This does indicate that the marks are to be treated with some discretion. It seems that Lada owners don’t expect as much from their cars as LR or Mercedes drivers. However, LR appears amongst the taillights in virtually every category (on the positive side, LR drivers seem to be more loyal to the company than those of Mercedes or VW, saying they would probably buy another LR – that seems to show that the cars are special).

In a separate table where factors such as market image and technological level were taken into account (judged by professionals), as well as customer satisfaction and the number of call-outs registered by the ADAC for the cars, LR is again about bottom of the class, third last (of 33) before Chrysler and MG Rover. I suppose that, if these figures represent German opinions properly, it isn’t surprising that so few LRs are sold here. But maybe the results are biased: the big 5 German companies come out top. However, it does look as though I’m going to have my work cut out to change LRs image!

Eric

Post #309643rd Dec 2005 3:02 pm
BN

England 

I think a few words sums it up as in your comments. Land Rover people are very loyal to the brand.

Post #309793rd Dec 2005 5:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >