DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Advice Sought!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rudsey

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Advice Sought!

Chaps,

I bought my D3 last month and was delighted to fine this website. I have spent hours reading with interest abour the various mods/improvements everybody has made. I have a couple of questions;

Is the wiring in my basic 7-seat model the same as the S, SE & HSE models without the extra's fitted and are there any limitations that would prevent retro-fit of intergrated sat nav/dvd/displays salvaged from higher spec disco's or new units.

Also, I have bought the LR i-pod connection kit to fit to rear of the head unit, however, as I do not have any audio controls on the stearing wheel, i'll probably need to mount the i-pod on the dash somewhere (not keen on drilling) for ease to reach controls.

I would appreciate any advise/photo's from members and apologise if this thread has been covered before.

Thanks in advance,

Post #37936826th Nov 2008 5:16 pm
flinty99

England 

Hi Rudsey and welcome to the site.

There are lots of threads that ask the question on retrofitting the Sat Nav display and the answer there appears to be no its not possible,

As far as mounting your iPod take a look at the Brodit mounts. I have one for my Sat Nav but they will have iPod mounts as well. They work a treat and require no drilling or screws on the dash. http://www.brodit.com/

Post #37937726th Nov 2008 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

With the wiring, it may be pot luck on whether you have any of the wiring there. You will also be missing soem fo teh relays etc for some of the mods required. It's a case of What do you want to fit? Then have a look for the wires.

For mounting without drilling anything, then go to Dashmount.co.uk they have a dash mount kit that I use for my iPhone with no drilling required Thumbs Up

Congratulations on your new choice of vehicle by the way Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #37938026th Nov 2008 5:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If you have the base radio ..then you will not have the fiber optic cables either ..

Go for something different than the LR stuff ...its far to complicated to just expect any of it to work !!!!

Or trade up to an SE Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #37938926th Nov 2008 5:48 pm
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Check out the threads/posts for retro fitting the audio controls on the steering wheel - very easy to do and works without any enabling needed.

Another worthwhile mod is cruise control - requires an enable via non LR means, contact 10 for cash via PM on the forum and he can do this in 5 mins. I was the forum try out for this and it has helped loads of base 7 owners.

Consider adding aux input and power socket on the back of the console as this is an easy cost effective out of the box mod - you can plug yr ipod in then!!!

If I think of others I have done/added to my base 7 will post up for you.

Thumbs Up

Post #37943426th Nov 2008 7:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >