Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air Bag Warning Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lex

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Air Bag Warning Light

My air bag light has over the past few months remained on permanently. It has been reset at the dealer on three occasions but returns the next day.Does anyone know the permanent cure for this problem? Also after my last service I am getting a permanent low coolent level warning but all seems fine; any clues?
 TDV6 HSE Zambezi/Tundra  
Post #7843415th Aug 2006 2:04 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Airbag warning light suggests a problem with the SRS system, either airbag or seatbelt pretensioners. Is your dealer seeing any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) in the RCM (restraint control module)? There's TSBs that relate to the error codes and how to fix the problem, just resetting the system won't cure it. So go and quote some acronyms at your dealer seems like the best course of action Wink

The low coolant warning is probably the common one covered by TSB LA303-007:
"A customer may report a concern that the low coolant warning lamp is illuminated or a "Low Coolant" message is being displayed, despite the coolant level being correct.
Cause: The sensor float in the coolant expansion tank has absorbed coolant causing it to sink, triggering the sensor."
The fix for this is to replace the coolant expansion tank with an updated version, part numbers are in the TSB
 The End  
Post #7843515th Aug 2006 2:34 am
Lex

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks for the input slimer; I'll hit em with a few acronyms ASAP!
 TDV6 HSE Zambezi/Tundra  
Post #7843915th Aug 2006 6:22 am
LR3invancouver

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Mine just went in for the second time for the airbag problem. This is a very serious issue according to my dealer as it means that there is absolutely no airbag protection!

Post #7859115th Aug 2006 6:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Dealers wrong, in most cases it means that - if an airbag detonator isn't sensed, then that airbag is ignored, in the case of an input sensor, then that input is ignored. not all airbags will inflate in every circumstance, the Disco3 employs several strategies to ensure appropriate airbag deployment. If everything is working correctly, the deployment is more precise, should one or more pyrotechnic devices be unavailable, then the timing of the others may be changed, similarly, if sensor input is unavailable or implausible, then pre-calculated routines and strategies are implemented. None of which means that you will be left with NO protection, but it may be slightly reduced. Of course, the best way to prevent injury is to drive defensively... Wink

Post #7864215th Aug 2006 8:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >