Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Air conditioning and air vents in general
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
pavol

Slovakia 
Air conditioning and air vents in general

Sorry if this has been addressed before.
I have not found anywhere in the vehicle description, if you get more air vents with the additional real aircon. I especially mean the air vents for the 2nd and 3rd row. In the manual available online there is a plenty of different vents being described. But no mention about their (non-)presence in XS/SE/HS models or in combination with the additional rear aircon. Can anybody clear me up herewith?
I would not been too interested in having the rear aircon. But if you get only 2 airvents in the middle for the 2nd row and nothing more, it seems not enought for me.

Thanks for any response!
Cheers
Pavol

Post #6130502nd Mar 2010 2:26 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi
AFAIK there are only 2 centre console vents for all rear passengers with the standard A/C - There may be some vents under the front passenger seats but I have not noticed them. In my car the rear centre vents (in fact the centre vents throughout the car) do virtually nothing if you leave the heating on "auto" which isn't that good for folks in the back. If you want air through them you have to manually select them from the heater controls. Maybe they are designed to deliver cooled air in "auto" mode in the summer - not had much of a chance to try that yet Wink

Rear A/C adds additional vents for both 2nd & 3rd row passengers together with separate airflow & temperature adjustment in the ceiling above row 2. In addition there is a bigger a/c refrigerant charge although I don't know if the compressor is any larger. Overall it should provide better heating/cooling and airflow through the rear of the car which may be important in very warm/cold countries or if you regularly carry a full complement of passengers. (or 3 big dogs!)

Richard

Post #6131012nd Mar 2010 3:28 pm
pavol

Slovakia 

Thanks thriftwood,

that is what I think as well, due to lack of official information it is quite unclear though. Is it true that the rear aircon cannot be ordered anymore in UK?
Pavol

Post #6131102nd Mar 2010 3:46 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

That is true - sadly Big Cry
If you want to read about the heating options etc. then the manual is available online at http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp
Richard
ps
There is also an option for Auto Recirculation that filters traffic fumes etc. from the outside - that's not available in the UK either Evil or Very Mad I guess it may be part of the rear A/C package or maybe only available in certain markets - Obviously, in the UK, our traffic doen't emit fumes Rolling Eyes (rant over)

Post #6131142nd Mar 2010 3:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >