Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

air suspension module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cyder169

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
air suspension module

Can anybody tell me is suspension ecu module a regular failure item on the discovery 3 landrover have replaced my rear air springs, the compressor and relay , virtually repiped the suspension, and replaced the front air valve block , they are now thinking that the fault is the ecu module and are going to replace it , I know that they have disconnected the battery overnight which resulted with the suspension dropping on both sides at the front which is why they have changed the air valve block but this hasn't worked either I don't know if they have disconnected the battery after changing the front valve block but this is what they have come up with.
Whats the chance of there diagnosis being correct Rolling Eyes
 discs /pads handbrake shoes
drivers door lock
clutch
battery
alternater
cambelt
serpentine belt
wheel bearing
4 wheel alignment
steering rack ends
track rod ends
suspension software upgrade
side steps
chrome mirror covers
etc etc
compressor and software upgrade
door locking solenoids 

Post #110342713th May 2013 9:44 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

In 9 years, I have never replaced a single EAS ECU on either a D3, or RRS Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #110347514th May 2013 5:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cyder169

Thanks discomikey I was hoping you would reply to that this car is driving me nuts they are changing that module as they insist that there are no are leaks , I dont think ive got any option but to go with it when the car battery was disconnected it dropped on the front both sides so they changed the front air valve block ,can the centre valve block affect the front suspension air valve assembley? I have so far passed on all the info provided by you guys , infairness they are trying there best but cant seem to crack it , I will let you know what happens Big Cry
drivers door lock
clutch
battery
alternater
cambelt
serpentine belt
wheel bearing
4 wheel alignment
steering rack ends
track rod ends
side steps
chrome mirror covers
etc etc
door locking solenoids 

Post #110349114th May 2013 6:44 am
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

I have only changed one, that one was because the vehicle was standing in water up to the steering wheel!

If you have disconnected the battery & left standing the ecu cannot operate any valves to make the suspension lower, thus it's unlikely.
You have changed the most likely culprit, the front valve block, so if it is still dropping you must have a leak somewhere else.... both front springs?? Are you sure both fronts are dropping at the same rate?

Another cheaper alternative for test, instead of throwing parts at it, which I used to use on the old P38 air sus is buy some cheap shut off valves which fit the pipework & for TEST ONLY. The lines will have to be depressurised to fit them. Put them inline & manually isolate the front springs from everything else & see if they still drop, which would then confirm a spring leak. When the temp shut off valves are removed, a joiner can be put in their place.

HTH
regards
Steve

Post #110354414th May 2013 8:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The valve blocks can corrode and leak. As it has already been replaced, you can rule this out, and anything before the valve block.

That leaves you with 2 airbags, and 2 lengths of pipe. Leaky bags are not uncommon, but check the pipes above the bag . I have seen them chafe against the inner wing, causing tiny air leaks there Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #110359014th May 2013 9:09 am
cyder169

ok just a quick update LR are telling me that they have now had the car in the workshop for two days with the battery disconnected and the car has not dropped 1mm on any corner after replacing the front valve block ,and are now replacing the suspension module , as this is all that could now be causing the problem , what about a sensor or would the l/r diagnostic computer pick up that fault ? any further info would be appreciated thanks Confused
drivers door lock
clutch
battery
alternater
cambelt
serpentine belt
wheel bearing
4 wheel alignment
steering rack ends
track rod ends
side steps
chrome mirror covers
etc etc
door locking solenoids 

Post #110382914th May 2013 4:47 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

If they have diagnosed a faulty ecu, because they have checked everything else out, then it will be fixed when you pick it up Exclamation Exclamation
If the ecu doesn't cure it, then they haven't chosen the correct repair, so I suggest be wary of what you agree to pay for.

What were the original symptoms?
So, the front valve block renewal cured the front dropping, so what are you left with, & when does it occur?

Regards
Steve

Post #110385214th May 2013 5:24 pm
cyder169

The car would let itself down through the night, sometimes overnight down to the bump stops and othertimes it would drop a inch over a week very random especially if parked on uneven ground you could hear it letting itself down clicking randomly but as i said sometimes it would drop onlt a bit other times right down I just hope this is the end of the problem Neutral
drivers door lock
clutch
battery
alternater
cambelt
serpentine belt
wheel bearing
4 wheel alignment
steering rack ends
track rod ends
side steps
chrome mirror covers
etc etc
door locking solenoids 

Post #110386914th May 2013 5:48 pm
sipops

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I would replace all of the air suspension valve blocks. They are not expensive. The centre valve block has got a link to the front one and whilst you are at it if the front one has failed the rear one my soon follow.
I did this with all three valve blocks and had no problems since - although admittedly mine was dropping on all four corners!
 2005 D3 TDV6 HSE
1994 D1 300 TDi S 2" Lift - Off Road prepared 

Post #110418515th May 2013 11:27 am
Kingmav66

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sorry to hi-jack the thread slightly, but where are the 3 valve blocks positioned on the car? Thumbs Up

Post #110418715th May 2013 11:36 am
nighthawk

Malta 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Front one is behind the bumper on the right hand side. Reservoir valve block is right next to the compressor (between compressor and reservoir). Rear one is somewhere in the area of the left hand rear air spring.
 Dennis

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Buckingham Blue 

Post #110421915th May 2013 1:47 pm
cyder169

Hi Guys just wanted to let you all know l/r disconnected the battery and nothing dropped not even 1mm while on the ramp in the workshops so they have now changed the suspension module thinking this has been causing the random dropping and this has resulted with the car now dropping on the front drivers side followed by the drivers side rear , they have also had the workshop car electrician check the wiring which is perfect so they are now changing the front drivers side air spring as both rear air springs have been replaced what would cause the car to drop more on the drivers side both front and rear they now have there master technician on the case but he is also struggling any pointers cheers Sad
drivers door lock
clutch
battery
alternater
cambelt
serpentine belt
wheel bearing
4 wheel alignment
steering rack ends
track rod ends
side steps
chrome mirror covers
etc etc
door locking solenoids 

Post #110651620th May 2013 8:49 pm
lindenmot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

hi there i got a problem in the electrical system also. hawkeye keeps telling me electrical fault front left valve monitor. i took it apart all looks to be normal. i have checked the wirning all seems fine there. changed ride height sensor and plug just in case. i am now at a loss any any help gratefully received

Post #198463119th Sep 2018 9:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >