Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Aircon drains
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ruper

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Maya GoldLR3
Aircon drains

So I have cleared the sunroof drains, for having water in both foot wells all of the sudden.
Washed the vehicle, my bad then it showed up. Prior to this there was a slight smell of mildew.
Now water water everywhere.
Checked/Cleared the front sunroof drains, couldn't find the holes for rear ones.
Vacuumed water out of both sides but this morning with little rain both are flooded again.

I ran the AC for 5 hours on a long trip with high humidity, and I am not noticing the huge water condensate puddle as usual under my rover.
Where are the drains located for the AC condensate? I believer they are under one of the panels near the gearbox, as that always looks wet when I look at the puddle under the truck to make sure its not oil at various times and it is always water.
So raining now and drove thru puddles so no telling if a condensate is puddling or not.

I have trimmer line to run up them if I can locate them under the vehicle.

also going to start looking at the a-pillar and sWS shroud for evidence.
 2005 Land Rover D3, 4.4L V8, Maya Gold Metallic
1966 Scout 800, 196 cu.in.
1975 Scout II, 392 cu.in. 

Post #214967927th May 2020 4:45 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Remove the plastic panel above the pedals, it has a little triangle attached to it that covers part of the gearbox tunnel.
One of tye drains is behind this panel.

Post #214969727th May 2020 6:08 pm
Ruper

one and Done

WOW what a CF.
Had water in both foot wells, didn't think to check the condensate drains. That was it, and here I was all set with duct tape and silicone to swab all over the truck.

At least now have clear SunRoof drains to boot, At some point I will attack the Cross T Valves under the inner fender but not today.
Moved to work in Wilmington NC from VA and the humidity and heat are more than used to. Wow alot of water created by those.
I used the trimmer line from the SR drains and tied in a wet one wipe to swab them out.
For anyone not knowing they are short and exit above the autobox with a little Pac Man mouth looking valve. Mine had greasy looking gunk coating the whole inside. They run now, just drying out the carpets and the insulation.
They should use that padding for flood recovery because it soaks up a ton of water.

1 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. I would check them when it gets humid.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Post #214970227th May 2020 6:32 pm
Ruper

So I thought I had it sorted

Well sorry to report, but I am still having issues with water or some other liquid in my pass foot well.

Really looking to see if someone knows what the inside of the condensate drain "Tank"? looks like inside about the drain tubes which lead toward the drain lines.
I checked the drain lines again as I had water in the foot well, and I looks like only one side of the drain bucket is working. When I look under the truck there is only one drain puddle. I know this may be because it hits the heat shield but nmy question is, Is there anything above/inside the tank like some type of valve or baffle in there?
I pulled the drivers side drain and its dry. so I gently stuck a flexible 1/4" ratchet extension up the DS tube and it hit something pretty substantial but soft feeling. My thought is that the drain tank has some sediment in it that has blocked the DS drain, and all the condensate is going to the PS drain which can't keep up and goes over the side into the PS foot well.

Any body run into anything like this, or know what the inside of the con drain tank looks like?

Post #216234920th Jul 2020 6:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >