DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Alarm!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Alarm!

Silly question.

My Alarm goes off at least once or twice a night, normally when a Ambulance goes near the house, live near a hospita, so have two questions.

1. Can i adjust it myself.
2. It does not seem very loud.

Is a dealer visit needed?

Thanks

Post #1935223rd Sep 2005 7:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Alarm!

newtolr wrote:
Silly question.

My Alarm goes off at least once or twice a night, normally when a Ambulance goes near the house, live near a hospita, so have two questions.

1. Can i adjust it myself.
2. It does not seem very loud.

Is a dealer visit needed?

Thanks
Might sound daft....but.... have they got the sirens going when it activates your alarm? (LF resonance)
Have you tried changing the orientation of your vehicle - if possible?
Have you tried deactivating the ultrasonic detectors - double push on the lock button within 3 seconds

The alarm output level is pants, think it's to do with the level of soundproofing in the engine bay and the lack of parallel surfaces for it to bounce off

Post #1935323rd Sep 2005 7:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

so alarm just went off again

have tried the double click on lock button and horn sounded so am assuming its fine, hope its locked Sad

it faces towards the garage on the driveway and think its at a slight tilt, will turn it around tomorrow night and see what happens.

Post #1935723rd Sep 2005 8:24 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

newtolr wrote:
so alarm just went off again

have tried the double click on lock button and horn sounded so am assuming its fine, hope its locked Sad

it faces towards the garage on the driveway and think its at a slight tilt, will turn it around tomorrow night and see what happens.
slight tilt... interesting - nothing to do with alarms but when i've parked for a long period on a slope the suspension is at access height - yep, I know it self levels every few hours but after that i've always had the 'suspension raising slowly' message... no problems on a level or near - level surface

a pull on the door handle will confirm it's locked (bit of a routine now, every time I nip out for a tab)
it's also possible that if the meat wagon's are TX'ing as they go past, the data (most are now on a digital system) is confusing the alarm system into thinking it's being scanned, thereby creating the alarm condition

Post #1936723rd Sep 2005 9:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >