Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Alarm issue, arms itself when not needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Janz1964

France 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
Alarm issue, arms itself when not needed

Hi, I have a strange alarm issue with my 09 D4 2.7 Manual. Asked LR service to check it out, but they ran out of time and I needed car. They did say that they had never heard of it.

Problem is that the alarm arms itself after you have left the car and shut all doors. At the same time it locks the boot and fuel filler flap, but none of the doors.

Picture this - last May I collected my new pride and joy. Everything perfect and all working, including the central locking on both keyfobs, locking all access points and arming the alarm. As I am a bit of a 'late nighter' at about midnight I decide it would be nice to go through all the paperwork and manuals. I unlock the car with the key fob, remove books from glove box, close it and shut the door. I do not lock the car again with the key fob. An hour n half later, I return to the car and open the door - ALARMMMM blaap blaap blaap!!!!!! The key fob is in the house - so I have to run in and disarm the alarm. Baby next door is crying, wife is shouting profanities at me, lights go on in the road.....

Same happens twice next day. Then I fill up with fuel. I have the key fob in my pocket and am filling up. I put the fuel cap back in place and try to close the flap - it won't. I go to open the door to see if there is a button - ALARMMMMM!!!!!!!! I disarm and hey presto, I can close the filler flap now.

If I leave the fey fob in the car, no problems. If the wife stays in the car and I walk off with the keyfob - she opens the door a few minutes later - alarm goes off. We're used to it now and just ignore the alarm Laughing no on serious note, everytime I approach the car, I push the disarm button on the fob - just in case.

Surely if intentional, that really is an OTT security system - let the burglar get in, but deafen him at the same time Laughing Can't be normal.

Any ideas?

Post #153365323rd Sep 2015 11:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >