DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Alarm problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Alarm problems

Chaps

I know some of this has been talked about before, but cant recall a solution.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago (after having the D3 since last november), I came back to the car, unlocked it, and you know that feeling when your brain is telling you something was different, like I'm sure the indicators flashed more than usual. Anyway, didnt think too much of it, and didnt want to say that maybe I'd forgot to lock it in front of 'er indoors. Anyway, day or two later, off it goes again on the drive. Siren is bloody useless, so I do the disconect the siren bit, so that at least when it goes off I can hear it via the horns. A couple of weeks passes, no prob, then off it goes again, twice in one day. For a couple of days, I set it without activating the interior sensors, but get no false alarms, so go back to usual locking, and a week or so goes by with no probs again. Then, last thursday, off it goes again twice during the day.

Now, Friday its in the dealers to get a new header tank fitted (low coolant error message fix), and I ask them to check the alarm out. They tell me that there is no record of the alarm being triggered in the alarm system. Is that correct, in when you reset via the keyfob, it removes any record of the last alarm state.

Bloody things gone off twice tonight.

Help please

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #924479th Oct 2006 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Recently, one of my Renault Master van alarm systems went off for 3 days running. It turned out to be a Moth flying around the ultra sonic sensors. Probably worth a look!

Cheers, Alan
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #924499th Oct 2006 8:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beaker

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I had my share of alarm problems (in my case it happened to be a chafed wire from the volumetric sensor), but for every alarm the cause was logged by the system and could be displayed by the dealer. Even a moth or spider triggering the alarm should leave a log entry pointing to the volumetric sensor being triggered.
Resetting the alarm with the keyfob should not erase the log entries. It did not do so for me at least...

I remember that there was some mention of the wrong version of the BBUS/tilt sensor causing problems, but I read from your post that you even get the false alarms with the BBUS (battery backed-up sounder, which also containes the tilt-sensor) disconnected?
 Zermatt Silver 2006 Zermatt Silver TDV6 'SE' Auto, Mantec sump guard, Frontrunner roofrack, Lightforce 140s, split charge system and... a Jetboil.