DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Alistair - D3 TDV6 HSE Delivered Nov 2005
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alistair

United Kingdom 
Alistair - D3 TDV6 HSE Delivered Nov 2005

Hi everyone

Great forum, I have been viewing for a couple of months. This seems like the best place to exchange views.

The day finally arrived, transferred the funds on friday and picked up the car on Saturday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have test driven over the past month been to the showrooms and got a great deal. The car is a fantastic machine from all sides, nothing else got a look in. Talk about a feel good factor.

I have always wanted a Landrover Defender (I am not exactly sure why?)probably for all the reasons we all like landrovers but the needs of the family, work and motorway driving led me to look at the D3. Not much going back after that 1st drive the car just gives you a feeling of wellbeing.

Now I have been looking at the forum and the associated issues with the car, so at some point I realise that I might not feel like this all the time but it is all part of the Land Rover owning experience.

I intend to keep a log of how things go and will share it with the forum.

Post #2874421st Nov 2005 3:08 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome Alistair, you made the right choice Thumbs Up
 The End  
Post #2874621st Nov 2005 3:15 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Glad to hear you are on board. Congratulations on your purchase (and your 'coming out' on Disco3.co.uk)

Like you I admire Defenders but was swayed by the D3 in the end. Truth be told it was really my wife who didn't get on with my old 90 a decade ago and wouldn't consider a new one as our 'family car'.

I do still have pangs about a new 110 county though: to me it has the ultimate simplicity, ruggedness, fixability, lack of unneccessary gadgets and 'comfort features'. I'm not convinced by the middle row seat design (not fold flat; no 3-point middle belt; no high-backs) and the rear benches / lap belts. I think the ultimate 110 would be a 300tdi (nice and simple engine for any garage to fix; no fancy electronic wizardry) with full 12 seat configuration. Shame they don't do that anymore. [And yes Brian, I know you are still sourcing new 300tdis from Gib].

Oh well... may manage to get one 2nd hand as a second car eventually.

My only concern with the D3 is long term electrical reliability, as I plan to keep for the best part of a decade or so. Time will tell! At least there's now a full 3 year warranty.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #2874721st Nov 2005 3:20 pm
BN

England 

Hi Alastair welcome, join the clan, they are all nuts, but quite harmless really. I'm the only sane one Wink

Post #2875121st Nov 2005 3:37 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

BN wrote:
Hi Alastair, join the clan, they are all nuts, but quite harmless really. I'm the only sane one Wink
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
your keyboard must be playing up BN, you missed out the 'I' and 'N' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #2875221st Nov 2005 3:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
Hi Alastair, join the clan, they are all nuts, but quite harmless really. I'm the only sane one Wink
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
your keyboard must be playing up BN, you missed out the 'I' and 'N' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

TFC you are too quick sometimes, you will catchup with yourself you know, blooming well didn't leave the i and n out, Evil or Very Mad Wink

Post #2875421st Nov 2005 3:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >