Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

So angry I can't even think of a title.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jads777

Guernsey 
So angry I can't even think of a title.

It had to happen - A car park dinge in the rear nearside panel, just in front of the rear lights.

I know it's only a small dent and scratch but I know that it's there.

Why is it that so many prats these days have absolutely no respect for other peoples property.

If I ever actually catch anyone damaging my D3 I will turn their face into blancmange, and that's a promise.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Rant over. (I feel a little bit better for it, not much, just a little).

Post #14184422nd Mar 2007 10:09 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Look on the bright side.........

You don't pay UK VAT on any repairs Rolling Eyes

Post #14184722nd Mar 2007 10:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jads777

Guernsey 

Now thats true; not a penny for Grasping Gordon. Smile

Post #14185022nd Mar 2007 10:16 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Its not a good feeling is it makes you want to kick someone in. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Big Cry

Post #14185122nd Mar 2007 10:16 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

And it usually happens within days of getting the car Evil or Very Mad
before it's even got dirty.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #14191522nd Mar 2007 11:41 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Tell me about it! Rolling Eyes
 Back in the game!  
Post #14194123rd Mar 2007 12:50 am
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

...I had to remonstrate with a women in a supermarket car park for putting her bags( containing tins ) on the bonnet of my Defender while she looked for her keys in her handbag.... Sad Rolling Eyes

Discovery so far has one trolley dent near the back ( agood one as well, nice gouge Twisted Evil ) and someone has mananged to dent a door even though I have sidesteps..........heh ho for public car parks

by the way are the door skins steel or aluminium? as it has dented like aluminium but I wasn't sure........
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #14199223rd Mar 2007 8:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Good reason to shop on line!! I was sat in a supermarket car park yesterday, in between appointments, and watched a woman in a people carrier get caught up on the towbar of a Navara. She never stopped, luckily I took her number plate. When the guy came back he looked and decided there was no damage, but she couldn't of known that. It makes you very cross.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #14200523rd Mar 2007 9:50 am
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I had some old dear in a knackered Nissan Sunny reverse into me a few weeks ago, even though i was 4 feet from the back of her car and was sounding the horn......

The missus jumped out to remonstrate, then the old dear said "It doesn't matter, no damage to my car" at which point my missus exploded and started calling her "c&*t, f^%&**g, ^ itch".

I got out looked at the bumper, saw she had wiped some of the mud off my car with her bumper and thought f&*k it, no damage and i really didn't want to give her a heart attack by losing my cool....

Saying nowt about women drivers.....

Post #14210223rd Mar 2007 1:23 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

similar thing happened to me. Some old girl pensioner was firmly ramming the back of her car into my rear bumber, which luckily was absorbing this abuse....I saw this from a distance. I got up to her & asked her why she was doing this ? She said she never hit another car and was having trouble getting the car to reverse.....silly Censored .I keep my towbar on all the time now.......

sorry to hear about the ding, nope no respect whatsoever - throwaway society & all that.

My ex wifes Golf was a Censored magnet, as they put a top of the range non-intergrated cd in this edition. Every Censored seemed to know this, it got broken into 4 times in our short ownership. Twice because she left the security front on the radio. The last time sorted out the long deep scratch in the drivers door from a supermarket trolley, as the tea leaf had knackered the door with his screwdriver or whatever.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #14313826th Mar 2007 5:25 pm
MJH

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: So angry I can't even think of a title.

Jads777 wrote:
I know it's only a small dent and scratch but I know that it's there.

Yep, know the feeling.

We were driving back from a great day out in the Lake District (on my birthday!), turned down a narrow lane and after a mile or so, I saw a small white van approaching at speed. I pulled over into a passing place, as far as I could off the road, to let him through. He hardly slowed down and just as I said "this idiots going too fas...", Bang, his wing mirror clipped the back of my Disco. I put the hazards on and jumped out assuming he would pull over, only to see him speed off along the lane. Far too narrow to attempt a U turn, all I could do was to curse and watch him disappear into the distance. Censored (What I would have given for a fully loaded weapon, preferably something huge like a bazooka with some white van seeking ordenance Evil or Very Mad )

It left a 2" scratch down the drivers side and everytime I fill up I think of him... (I console myself by imagining he was drunk and crashed into a very large tree causing untold damage to his Censored van and himself a few miles further on Whistle )

Forgive and forget doesn't really cut it when it comes to this sort of thing. Wink

Post #14321926th Mar 2007 10:10 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I agree MJH!

We've had our fair share too. The below scratch was caused by a brick coming loose from a careless lorry driver, it flung off the back of his flatbed and slashed down the gleaming silver paintwork. It caused a fairly small scratch, but it could have been a lot worse..
Click image to enlarge

Also, somebody with an evidently bright blue vehicle managed to fling part of their car into the drivers door, leaving a nice contrasting blue line.

Other careless drivers have also managed to leave some tidy scratches all over the plastic rear bumper.

The other car's had a vandal scratch from head to tail when parked in town, and a chip in the rear bumper from a shopping trolley.

What can you do? Thud Censored
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #14359427th Mar 2007 10:19 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

I know its a Censored Chaps but I think the way forward is to think like this. On a scale of 1 - 10 how much do you worry about it Question If you were then to double this figure and worry twice as much would it make any difference Question No Exclamation Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #14359727th Mar 2007 10:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >