DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Another Newbie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Another Newbie

Hi Guys

Just at the begining of getting a new Disco 3 and went out for my first 2 hour test drive yesterday and of course loved it. I had a Disco 2 for about 8 months in 2004 and thats what got me smitten with the big boys 4x4 as I have an X-Trail (can I mention those in here .. Very Happy )

I wanted to know if anyone knew of good dealers in Wiltshire. The one I went to yesterday didn't really give me a good buzz and the car I got to take out was filthy inside and out ... I know these cars get that way but for my first drive it took the pleasure out of the whole expiereince and it was a bit of a let down. Generally I had a better experience from a Fiat dealer when I bought a Punto (cough cough moving on) 6 years ago.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give (more than you already have from the topics i've read)

Kieron

Post #365738th Jan 2006 12:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Welcome Kieron.
Have a search for a post about good dealers.
There was someone else asking for a good dealer in your neck of the woods and I think someone had a recommendation.
It's worth having a good shop around anyway as the deals vary quite a bit.
Good luck!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #365758th Jan 2006 12:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Welcome Kieron

I don't have any dealer advice for you I'm afraid - It's a bit unfortunate if they couldn't be bothered to take you out in a clean test car BUT don't let this cloud your judgement too much... I would hate for you to end up back at the Fiat dealers Shocked
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #365768th Jan 2006 12:57 pm
Kieron

HI Cliff, dickgriff

Thanks for the reply and there is no chance of me ending back up at Fiat Laughing

I will have a good shop around and I don't even mind travelling for a good one BUT there is no chance of it putting me off getting the car. I guess I was just excited and had been looking forward to taking it out all week but it was really grubby, the good thing is they did just give me the keys and let me go out on my own for two hours (well me and the other half).

They are getting back to me with costs tomorrow so who knows my views might change Smile

Post #365778th Jan 2006 1:18 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

In some respects, a filthy test car should be good .. in that, you don't feel guilty when you return it a few kg's over weight 'cus of the extra mud you have added .........

My local dealer said as much, and with a parting comment before I drove off .. Just don't get stuck anywhere ..
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #365838th Jan 2006 3:13 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

A very warm welcome to DISCO3 Kieron, make yourself at home Mr. Green
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #365848th Jan 2006 3:17 pm
Kieron

HI Lee

Muddy outside I can do with ... kinda suits the car .. but inside it was dusty, stained and just not looked after .... didnt set a good impression for the car or the dealer .... they were looking over mine too and I had cleaned it that day so that they could check everything over clearly .. in the end when we got back they hadn't even checked it ... maybe they were just too busy. I just wanted it all to feel a bit special and it didnt Big Cry

But hey still love the car and hopefully I'll be posting a 'I picked up the car today' message soon

Kieron

Post #365868th Jan 2006 3:24 pm
Kieron

Martin wrote:
A very warm welcome to DISCO3 Kieron, make yourself at home Mr. Green

Hi Martin

Thanks for the welcome. I love the forum ... been parked in here for the past two days catching up on everything

Kieron

Post #365878th Jan 2006 3:27 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Theres an LR dealer ( although maybe second hand versions, don't know ) on the approach into Box from Bath that seemed a good egg .. Went in there for a 10amp fuse ( Screen Washers ) on my way into work a couple of weeks ago, and one of the guys just chucked one over and said happy new year ..
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #365888th Jan 2006 3:35 pm
Kieron

lee01277 wrote:
Theres an LR dealer ( although maybe second hand versions, don't know ) on the approach into Box from Bath that seemed a good egg .. Went in there for a 10amp fuse ( Screen Washers ) on my way into work a couple of weeks ago, and one of the guys just chucked one over and said happy new year ..

Thanks ... I'll check them out online ... not too far away

Post #365908th Jan 2006 3:47 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Kieron, I'm in a similar posistion re:D3 purchase & I was recommended to try T.H.White near Swindon by an ex L-R manager.
Having driven a manual demonstrator TDV6 S at the local Bristol dealer. I took the family to T.H.White as they said we could drive one of their used stock Auto HSE's on trade plates as long as we were accompanied.
Fantastic dealership, knowledgeable, friendly & child/puppy friendly! They are are an independent dealer & it really shows.
Must be the best main dealer experience that I can remember in recent years.
We dealt with Steve Matthews.
As a result, hope to get a TDV6 HSE in April.

Post #365948th Jan 2006 5:23 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Hi, you certainly won't regret it if you do go for one. Personally when buying I have always shopped around and played dealers off against each other for the best deal, even if it means travelling to the other end of the country to collect it. OK it may not be everyone's way of doing things but at the end of the day when you know exactly what spec car you want it always comes down to price. I got my TDV6 7-seat base in December for £26500 OTR which was 2k cheaper than the 'next best deal'. Once you get one then it is certainly worth finding a good dealer to look after the car for any service or warranty stuff.

Good luck Wink
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #365958th Jan 2006 6:44 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Good dealerships.

Hi Keiron,
Try W.W.Webber of Basingstoke. When I wanted a test drive about 6 months ago my local dealer did not want to play ball. I wanted a D3 for a couple of days to try with my caravan. Webber's answer was to offer a manual and and auto both with hook and all electrics. Absolutely no hassle at all. Might be a bit far from Wiltshire but not really?

Post #365968th Jan 2006 6:46 pm
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Very Happy Very Happy welcome Very Happy Very Happy
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #366028th Jan 2006 8:50 pm
HarrisonB

England 

Welcome Keiron,

There are deals to be done. I went in to my local dealer looking to p/x my Disco1 for a late Disco2 ES Premium at £24k. I’d dismissed a Disco3 at £30k+. I was even about to do the deal when the salesman said would you like to try one? You bet! .......and Yes I bought one. I’ve still got the smile after 16 days and 700 miles. It may be a 7 seat base but at less than £27k, I’m with cotefarmboy and very happy. Good luck.
 D3 gone for now  
Post #366088th Jan 2006 9:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >