Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Anyone got a 2013 model Swift/Sterling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NoddyFFRR

United Kingdom 

Just quickly registered so that I can add my experience of Swift. I read this section a lot as the FFRR caravanning section is still relatively new.

We have a Swift Conqueror 630 built in 2008. We've owned it for two years and we've had a few problems, it's fair to say. First time out, the kitchen unit came away from the wall slightly, but enough to allow the drop down counter top to miss the batten on the wall and crash onto the bed, sending cups and plates everywhere.
Swift initially said they'd fix it as it was a known problem and told me to take it to the dealers and await further instruction. This was October 2011. After the van had been at the dealers for 4 weeks, swift said they couldn't have it back till Feb 2012 and we'd have to get the dealer to deliver/collect the van. The dealer "repaired" it against the wishes of both us and Swift, and we put it back into storage.

Easter 2012- battery charger failed. Replaced by Swift as the dealer said it wasn't covered by their used warranty. Apparently Swift had a batch of faulty chargers so knew of the problem.

Summer 2012- by now, the van is on a seasonal pitch. In June, I noticed a large gap between the wall and the wardrobe which closed up at night, suggesting the outer wall was getting warm and bending during the day. I posted on the Swift Talk forum and one of their managers replied asking for photos. This time, they couldn't do enough for me. They said they'd collect the van at a time to suit us and drop it back off. I opted for December as the season was finished then. Swift collected it from the site and took it back to Hull. I asked for the van to be put on a lorry rather than towed, which they did.

We decided to collect the van when it was ready. Swift were happy with this and paid for our Diesel. At the factory, we were shown around the van. The repair was obviously factory standard and they went through the whole van, which is something they do with every van. They repaired items that I didn't even know about AND repaired the kitchen unit properly as apparently the dealer hadn't done a great job of it.
They replaced all of the external locker doors as one apparently was leaking. They also resealed all of the external lockers with fresh mastic and did a full damp/ electric/gas/water check.

They also replaced the front blinds as they were stiff. Problem with this was, they fitted blinds with a newer pattern and so didn't match the existing ones. Swift apologised and replaced the entire set of blinds including the hekis so that they all matched.

Bear in mind this was all done whilst the van was out of warranty and on its 3rd owner. Swift could've easily said "nothing to do with us now".

Personally, I can't fault Swift aftersales and would buy another one.

The managers all post on SwiftTalk out of hours and weekends/bank holidays, which to me, shows they do care. One of the directors posts too- Andy Spacey. He is one of the directors. He sorted my problems out.

Post #117007910th Oct 2013 8:37 am
Gabbo

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Had a Sterling 636 had several problems, which included no water in the kitchen but ok in the bathroom. Door not opening in the heat, blinds coming off, toilet leaking.

Now have a Lunar and it has problems. Unfortunately caravans are not built to the same quality standards as most cars
 D4 Fuji White HSE with Black Pack, TV, RSE, Tow Pack, Side Steps & Heated Steering Wheel  
Post #117024610th Oct 2013 5:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >