Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Has anyone had their Disco waiting longer for a part?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Aprisa

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Has anyone had their Disco waiting longer for a part?

My HSE went in to have the Turbo replaced 5 weeks ago, I'm still waiting!

Turbo's are on back order and the part is supposedly listed as "emergency, vehicle off road".

For the first week I had a Focus from the dealer but as Christmas approached I argued that I could not cope with such a small car over the festive period as I would be going away for a couple of weeks and need the size. Land Rover CS then arranged a new XS Disco from Enterprise which I have still got and have done 2K in!

When does everyone think I should start to make a fuss? I know I have an alternate car but it's not the same as driving your own and I miss the toys!

What makes it worse is that the dealer is only 5 miles from Lode Lane! they could walk round and grab one off the line!

Nick
 2005 TD6 HSE Java/Alpacca
Nearly always covered in Horse/Cow-sh*t 

Post #11830110th Jan 2007 1:02 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I don't know about turbo delays but I have been told by the LR body shop that will be carrying out my accident repair work that getting doors/wings etc from Lode Lane is a nightmare for the D3.
 Back in the game!  
Post #11830210th Jan 2007 1:06 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

New steering wheel took several weeks to arrive at my dealers. Get it fitted tomorrow.

Post #11830310th Jan 2007 1:09 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I can't understand why there are delays with any LR parts. When we did the factory tour, we were told about LR's arrangements with their parts suppliers and it is up to the suppliers to keep the production line stocked. Any product shortage resulting in production delays cost the suppliers thousands an hour. Therefore, they have known to hire helicopters to fly stock in in emergencies.
The system works well with the production line is always stocked correctly and runs smoothly.

So if there is always parts (of all types) streaming into Solihull, then why are they're such delays getting parts to the dealership network?
 Matt  
Post #11831610th Jan 2007 2:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good point, I've no idea why.
My steering wheel has started to wear in a couple of places which are now sticky. It doesn't really bother me much, so I was in no hurry to have it replaced & as such haven't kicked up a fuss.
I've just calculated that it took 6 weeks for the replacement to arrive Shocked
As Saab was able to get me a gearbox from Sweden & then fit it, in 3 days, it does seem somewhat slow.

Post #11832110th Jan 2007 2:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >