Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Arch clips removing and installing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Felstmiester

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Arch clips removing and installing

I’ve had a set of arches colour coded. Before I sent them to be sprayed I swapped a couple of the rear ones so the best out of all of them was sent off to spray shop.

When I removed the old ones they came off reasonably easy but obviously left the yellow insert on the bodywork so I was left with just the white bits inserted in the arches. None of them broke! I then swapped white clips over to the arch pieces I wanted to put back on ( baring in mind it was only the two that are on each rear door ) when I pushed them on I had a couple that broke prob due to the fact they was brittle. Also they was a Censored to push back on and get every clip to errr clip back in.

Due to the fact I didn’t have many breakages I ordered 20 new clips off eBay. They have now turned up but they are all the yellow back clip and outer white one clipped together.

My question is. Do I just order a load more new clips and renew the ones that break by removing the yellow part from body or do I try and separate these new clips, wich I think will be a mission due to the fact they’re not joined to the car. How have you guys got on with this? I haven’t attempted putting the newly painted ones on yet but when I do I’d like pretty much all the clips to clip home and tight. The ones I put on temporarily not all the clips held and no matter how much I tried to line them up all the pushing in the world wouldn’t make them click home.

Post #187052920th Oct 2017 4:34 pm
Alan B

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Iirc Pop the yellow bit out from body, slot white bit into groove in arches, line up and give it a good dunt into place.
Once you get one arch on you'll see how easy it is.

Thumbs Up
 D3 57 xs Stornaway grey
D2 02 commercial silver gone but a great servant and won't be forgotten

Iid Bluetooth 

Post #187054720th Oct 2017 5:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >