DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Assistance Please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
mamba

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Assistance Please

Dear Agony Aunt

I am getting slightly Censored annoyed now with the fact that since I have taken ownership of my Disco 4 I have used courtesy cars more than my own new car.

At what point( given that this is the first time I have bought a brand new Disco) do I start pushing for compensation/new car? Anybody gone through this before and what is the general method that needs to be followed in order to start getting results?

Any help/guidance with this will be appreciated

Cheers, Marc

Post #53481615th Oct 2009 1:09 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Having not listed the faults on why its in dealership posession more than yours, firstly in pains me to say that you need to keep a CALM head. Speak personally to the dealership principle, as far as the dealership are concerned its NOT thier fault, but a factory fault/part fault (unless its something that should have been done on PDI).

Once speaking to the principle, speak to LR customer care dept, and explain. Log everything that is said by you and dealer and LR, keep ALL documents, and if you end up out of pocket keep receipts.

Its a BRAND NEW car, some parts on the D4 are totally new, some are carried from the D3 (I think), I am sure the dealership will re-install permagrin soonest Thumbs Up

Post #53482315th Oct 2009 1:25 pm
mamba

I so want to have my grin instated, but I hate the fact that my new car has not only had over 100 miles added on the clock whilst doing testing but that it has been out of my possesion after som many initial delays as well!

CALM head was last week, this week it is just give my frikkin car back or give me a new one Twisted Evil

Post #53483115th Oct 2009 1:41 pm
MacLeod 313

Confused Well wots wrong with it Question

Post #53483315th Oct 2009 1:42 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic40129.html?highlight= Whistle Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #53483515th Oct 2009 1:47 pm
mamba

Cheers SJR.

Post #53484615th Oct 2009 2:00 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

You have a specific fault that the dealer suggests they have diagnosed, and that the necessary replacement parts have been identified and ordered.

Whilst your situation is regrettable, the dealer is doing their best (it seems) to get it sorted out. You have a courtesy car too.

I think that you should speak to the dealer principal and express your intense disappoinment as to the situation - not least as you this is the first brand new Disco you've bought. Clearly the fault is not the dealers, but why not suggest to them that they agree with Land Rover that your first service be carried out free of charge? If you don't make any progress with the dealer, or if you simply want to attack the issue from another angle, call LRCS and take the same tack with them; they may even be able to assist with speeding along the replacement parts.

If the fault is still present after the parts are replaced, then you should step it up a notch and give them a deadline to get your car back on the road, or say you want either your money back or a replacement. This is not so straightforward an excercise in the UK, but it should get them looking in the right direction.

Post #53485015th Oct 2009 2:08 pm
MacLeod 313

Read it now.................Well it does'nt seem to be a dealership issue, so I guess its LR Customer Care now...................As regard to poking it up their Tushi, it so far seems to be on your side. Mind you, you do have to allow acceptable time for the fault to be recified, before considering rejection.

I would make one call TODAY, one to arrange a meeting with Principle, nobody else but the man/woman that has final say in the dealership, and get the final say on whats exactly going on.

If not happy then explain the rejection, being a showroom fresh D4 I am sure the dealership will be in the know on what to do, who to speak to etc etc. After all, they received a defected D4 to sell to you.

Keep it calm, and in the end you WILL end up ok.

Post #53485115th Oct 2009 2:09 pm
mamba

Thanks guys, most helpful with the suggestions and also how to tackle the problem.

I went to the dealer this afternoon to chat to the manager who is off until next week, but the problem has now been located in the EBS system which apparantly needs to be replaced as a whole unit. The parts are not readily available yet, so they cant even give me a date now after this new problem.

I will just have to call Landrover tomorrow to express my displeasure and hope it speeds things up!

I will be sure to keep the thread updated

Post #53504015th Oct 2009 7:13 pm
SN

on other thread mamba wrote:
a whopping 42 miles, so really disappointed to tell you the honest truth.
Thats a hyuuuuuuuuuuge distance! Wink I think I got about 2 or 3 out of my first D3 (the new one Rolling Eyes ) before my turbo tripped for the first time Big Cry

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post41956.html#41980

Understand your frustrations - but keep yer chin up - it WILL get better Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #53506715th Oct 2009 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mamba

my sentiments exactly SN we live in hope, timing is however really pants as we are going away for the midterm school break.

Post #53509315th Oct 2009 8:47 pm
mamba

well it is one week on now and nothing..... I am getting really peeved now. My patience left me on Tuesday so now I am just a grumpy sod Crying or Very sad

I want to keep the car and don't really want to have to go through the whole process of returning it but enough is enough now. Any ideas as to how I can squeeze landrover for compensation? I have requested the 1st service free but the lady at landrover says they will only start looking at that once the case is closed, ie. the vehicle is returned and working. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help guys.

Post #53825422nd Oct 2009 12:00 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

It sounds as though your car is going to be off the road for a month, maybe more.

I'd be insisting on two things: first, that the warranty period restart from the time you get your car back and that you want the first service free of charge by way of recompense and goodwill. You really need to put the pressure on the sales people at your dealer in the first instance.

Post #53826022nd Oct 2009 12:11 pm
mamba

I will be hoping for more than that to tell you the honest truth, but thanks for the tip regarding the warranty

Post #53826522nd Oct 2009 12:24 pm
Discofever

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I take it that they have lent you a nice Range Rover or another D4? That is the least your dealer should do, I had a similar experience with a brand new MY57 Defender DC XS. My problems went on for 9 months until I blew a gasket and rejected the vehicle.

I must say my dealership was fantastic throughout the whole fiasco, I had some fantastic loan vehicles which I ran on the farm daily. Out of all of them the Disco performed the best, so that was my choice in the end.

Be patient, but lean heavily on the dealer, and good luck, I am sure everything will turn out alright in the end.
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE auto, Cairns Blue, Lamp Guards, LR Roof Bars - Just love it!
Club AT2 

Post #53836322nd Oct 2009 2:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >