Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Audio Dissapears
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chopcat

Wales 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Audio Dissapears

A funny thing has been happening recently.
Sometimes on starting the car the audio dissapears totally. no radio, no nice lady telling me where to go, no phone. Sometimes after a stop and restart it goes back to normal and sometimes not.

Yesterday I noticed the timed climate warning . Battery low of course, and no audio.
I wonder if the two are linked.

Anyway the chaps at James French have reloaded the audio software so we shall see if that makes a difference.

Anyone had a similar experience?

CC
 may the odds be ever in your favor  
Post #145659011th Apr 2015 7:44 am
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Not quite the same, but about 6 months ago I started up, turned on the radio and the instant it came on it switched over to a traffic announcement. At the same time I went to press the button to turn this offf, I am not sure whether I got to press it, but all of my audio and centre screen went.

For me turning the car off made no difference, my dealer indicated it was a common problem and sported it out and there have been no issues since.

However, following this I now have the option to adjust a subwoofer and whilst I could be mistaken, I am sure this wasn't there before.
 Andy

Post #145659311th Apr 2015 8:02 am
Comanche

Wales 

Yup, had the disappearing audio once, screen frozen on start up, switched of via on/off button and then everything vanished. Went straight to the stealer, stopping at the brewery (hic) on the way. Locked car whilst buying my booze and when I came back it had re-appeared.
Get the timed climate not available most cold mornings, same message re fuel and battery. Ive put this down to my indie activating timed climate with his autologic set up but was unable to complete the set up and get the timed climate option to appear on the home screen.
FBH works as it should though.
 I started off with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.  
Post #145659411th Apr 2015 8:03 am
Washwipe

England 

Same here, just a totally blank screen, radio, camera, Sat Nav, nothing, it's happened three or four times in the last two years, returns often a prolonged stop and restart of a few minutes.

Post #145662711th Apr 2015 9:27 am
MarsKy

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

Happened twice in last month. Options would be there to select but only MW would be selectable but would not give sound. No satnav. Turn car off and back on and screen would go blank. Would start working after car goes to sleep and then restarted.
l went in for a service on Tuesday and service advisor seemed to be aware of it and said they would do a software update. Too early to tell if it has fixed it.
Strange that it worked fine for nearly 4 years - so how the software got "corrupted" in the last month | don't know.

Post #145669511th Apr 2015 11:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >