Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Audio nerds and technophiles...i need some help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Hollywood619

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Now I can see your problem. Dension started in the BMW business and I have had 3 of their units. The last one I actually set fire to in my garage and watched it burn while I smoked a cigarette. Their products are crap! The Monster Cable charger is an awesome product. If you want to go a little custom, you could fit it and the 3.5mm cable inside the armrest so it would be inside and out of sight until you pulled it out an set it in a Kuda mount for example. Don't forget to take sound check off your Ipod.

Nate

Post #21803325th Oct 2007 9:53 am
roystonh

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I used a cheap lead and it sounded awful - swap the lead for a high quality one to connect it to the aux socket and then set the iPod eq to bass boost - then it will blow your socks off!

Post #21934030th Oct 2007 12:36 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
.......comparison

Its difficult to explain what you hear in words...
...but swapping the pod between co ax connection & Ipod connection there is a noticeable difference the Ipod one is much superior.
It also recharges the Ipod & for me all the functions work well from the wheel controls...the cradles holds both an 80 gig 5G & the new 160 gig Classic.
....see elsewhere (on here) about using the USB connection it works well in a basic sort of way with up 2 Gig USB sticks.

I agree with mounting the Ipod cradle on the middle of the car side of the wheel it far less conspicuous.

Reading the posts about settings - Ive tried favorite test tracks of my own that really pump bass & agree the settings for the Ipod have to be tweaked.
Also agree Ipod sound check has to be off....have adjusted the actual sound level of each track to be the same in Itunes (this value seems to vary a bit....to the extent of having on the odd occasion to dive for the controls.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #21936030th Oct 2007 7:16 am
pherplexed

United States 2013 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackLR4
Thanks for the input fellas.

BLFarrar wrote:
Its difficult to explain what you hear in words...
...but swapping the pod between co ax connection & Ipod connection there is a noticeable difference the Ipod one is much superior.
It also recharges the Ipod & for me all the functions work well from the wheel controls...the cradles holds both an 80 gig 5G & the new 160 gig Classic.
....see elsewhere (on here) about using the USB connection it works well in a basic sort of way with up 2 Gig USB sticks.

So BLFarrar: are you saying that you are currently using the ipod kit and all features are working for you? More specifically, when you switch from Aux mode to say, FM, does it pause your iPod? If so, can you use the steering wheel controls to control your FM stations without advancing your iPod? Let me explain:

I just returned my kit b/c it wasn't pausing my iPod when switching audio sources or turning off the car. So, I would have to manually pause the iPod each time. Not only that, if I switched back to FM, the 'seek' buttons on my steering wheel would wake up the iPod, advance the track, and start playing it (not saying I could hear both radio and iPod at the same time, just saying the iPod would be playing). So using the seek buttons on my steering wheel would advance my iPod and my radio stations simultaneously. Absurd!

SO, if you tell me your kit is working peachy for you, perhaps I'll order another one (from another vendor!)

cc

Post #22327711th Nov 2007 11:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >