Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Aust 4wd Monthly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
300+

Aust 4wd Monthly

Hi all,

I've just had a call from the distributors of Aust 4wd monthly. They were advising me of an upcoming price rise and suggested I renew my subscription to beat the price rise.

I turned down the offer and said I usually waited until there was a freebie offer. Out came the offers, leatherman, staun deflators, camp site guide book, head torch, first aid kit, etc.

Perfect timing, I need a first aid kit as mine met with an unfortunate accident (ironic or what?).

If they call you don't give in to the first offer, hold out for something you want. Of course you pay for the goodie, but if it is something that will help you it is a cheap way to get it.

Cheers, Steve

Post #14333827th Mar 2007 7:54 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Steve,

I waited like you did for the next offer as my subscription has 4 more issues to go. I had an opiton of renewing and getting the CAMPS 4 book so I went to the local book store to see what was in it and for $79 it isn't worth it IMHO. You need a roof rack to carry it, it is so big and in hard cover too.

So I waited for this month's issue and got the Leatherman which might be useful (maybe). Well I thought the Staun deflaters were useful and haven't used them yet Shocked

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #14339527th Mar 2007 12:14 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Ha ha!

I bought some staun deflaters a couple of years ago. The packet said they were preset to 18psi.

I put them on and walked off the have a cuppa. When I looked back at the car, all the tyres were completely flat. Embarassed

Embarassed

I felt pretty stupid, especially since I waxed lyrical about them to all and sundry before I put them on!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #14341027th Mar 2007 12:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Jamo - I am completely RATFLMAO - that's a classic!

I got the Stauns on a recent offer, and did make sure they were set to my desired pressure... haven't had the chance to use them yet, but looking forward to it.

Have got a good collection of goodies from 4wd Monthly over the years - Leatherman, Stauns, first aid kit (that one went on the boat!), head lamp - they certainly have a good marketing dept!

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #14370828th Mar 2007 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
away

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've been using Stauns for years - in my line of work driving through deep sand occurs almost daily. I have found them to be handy but have found that their accuracy can vary by 2 - 3 psi between uses. It's not a big deal, but frankly, I expected better.
 D4: Expedition Rack, 104 Litre Long Range Tank, Raised Air Intake
D3: Every bloomin' thing but the kitchen sink 

Post #14385128th Mar 2007 10:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >