DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Australia regional DISCO3.CO.UK forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Winnie

2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 4
Australia regional DISCO3.CO.UK forum

Martin,
Excellent idea for strictly local discussion (eg no FBH issues I presume).
With any luck, Landrover Australia and Dealers will monitor. And Landrover UK will monitor Landrover Australia monitoring, etc., etc.
More importantly, Australian owners will share their experiences.

Winnie

Post #351917th May 2005 11:19 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You're welcome Winnie Smile

There's no pressure to fill the forum up with Australian stuff, just though that it might be handy for some stuff one day!

Martin

Post #368123rd May 2005 11:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave@Northside

Disco 3 Air intake

Once again LandRover make a botch when launching the Series3 Disco into Australia,they sell the vehicle on the premise that we will not be going bush with such an expensive vehicle so do not have a snorkel to fit.Our new TDV6 Discovery was delivered on 9th April after a 12 months wait.We have now completed 3 trips to the bush and replaced the air filter on each occasion we have returned home.The filter has been totally clogged each time,whilst the Defender & Disco 2 have snorkels and only get require filter changes about once every 6-8 months.We have been told by LandRover Australia that they will not be making a genuine snorkel, we will have to wait until they become available from aftermarket suppliers.Many customers will be unhappy when they have to pay A$25.00 for an air filter each time they have an outback trip. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Post #42918th Jun 2005 2:27 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

I'm sure the G4 ones have snorkels?

Post #43739th Jun 2005 11:16 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

What kind of trips have you made Dave@Northside ?

Just trying to compare

Thanks Smile

Post #461015th Jun 2005 2:34 am
David & Maureen Price

Bashir
In recent times we have covered Flinders Ranges,Gammon Ranges the Ngarkat Border Track and the Robe-Beachport Beach all of these are in South Australia.The LR3 has performed fantastically during all except our little mishap at Beachport last weekend(see warning Disco 3 Sand Driving). Maureen drives LR3 most of the time and rates it very highly she cannot wait to get it back she complains about the Series 2 Disco as being hard on the suspension after the air bags.
Previously we operated 2 Series 2 Disco's and the Defender and have done several trips across the Simpson Desert travelling East - West which is quite a bit more challenging and numerous trips through Central & Northern Australia.Both Maureen and myself are experienced off road and have been to various 4X4 training sessions with Land Rover and other Advanced Driving training groups.For a short time we ran Tag-along off road Adventures .

Regards
Dave

P.S
Whats your Location
 Owner of Defender 110 Extreme 1999 with Expedition mods,Series 2 Disco 2001& Series3 TDV6  
Post #464715th Jun 2005 10:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
David & Maureen Price

Discovery 3 Raised Air Intake (Snorkel)

Have just received an email from LRA with news that Solihull are currently completing development work on a raised air intake for LR3 should be available in September in UK,early October in Oz.No pricing advised as yet.
 Owner of Defender 110 Extreme 1999 with Expedition mods,Series 2 Disco 2001& Series3 TDV6  
Post #491021st Jun 2005 5:44 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

sorry for the extremely late reponse.
i'm located in sydney but frequently travel to tassie
just recently completed a touring drive through tassie with the disco3 and loved the comfort, power and fuel efficiency for such a big car.
do more mud trails than sand ...
but would like to see what the snorkel looks like on the disco3
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #1659911th Sep 2005 11:02 am
BN

England 

Hi guys, the snorkel is an interesting item, because the real air intake is behind the headlight unit on the side of the grey external vent. I am not totally sure as to exactly what the outside grey vent does. It is obviously an air intake, because if a towel is placed over it, the towel is sucked in, but why have an air intake behind the headlimp cluster.

As for the snorkel there is one, but not for release as yet. The fitting looks more like a joke also. It clips to the side front window cover which is only glued on anyway.

Post #1660311th Sep 2005 11:57 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
Hi guys, the snorkel is an interesting item, because the real air intake is behind the headlight unit on the side of the grey external vent. I am not totally sure as to exactly what the outside grey vent does. It is obviously an air intake, because if a towel is placed over it, the towel is sucked in, but why have an air intake behind the headlimp cluster.

I've been doing a bit of research on this Brian, as far as I can tell (and documentation from LR seems to support this) the wing vent is the sole intake, it feeds the airbox via a pipe in the wing. Hopefully I'm right so when a decent snorkel comes out it won't involve blocking up additional vents to make use of it.
Next task is to ascertain where all the breathers are to work out how to get them nice and high up

Si
 The End  
Post #1661511th Sep 2005 4:06 pm
BN

England 

Si, what is the intake behind the headlamp then Confused

Post #1661911th Sep 2005 4:18 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

As far as I can tell there isn't one, the only intake is on the side of the airbox which connects to the pipe in the wing.

Check your email in a minute, I'll send you some 'evidence'

Si
 The End  
Post #1662211th Sep 2005 4:58 pm
BN

England 

Will do

Post #1662511th Sep 2005 5:40 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Just to let all our Australian Forum members know...I will be in Australia from end of October promoting the Turbochip product. I will be available to upgrade TDV6's in that time. I have 5 to do already in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney so if any forum member wishes to have their Disco3 upgraded please contact me asap

Post #1663411th Sep 2005 7:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >