Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

auto light sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
pollafero

Belgium 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Sandy,
Ever considered enabling your Daylight Running Lights (if present)? Then your lights are always on, from the moment you start your engine (or disengage parking brake). No more worries with auto sensors and stuff anymore... Smile Thumbs Up
 When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead, remember what the dormouse said: feed your head. (Jefferson Airplane)  
Post #73135714th Dec 2010 5:54 pm
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
daytime lights

hi poll
i must honest i never thought of that, mine is an 08/gs auto/7 seat how would i know if i had them?
sandy.
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #73141214th Dec 2010 7:18 pm
pollafero

Belgium 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hey Sandy,
The 'wiseguys' on the site here can tell you in detail what is fitted on your D3, based on the VIN of your car. I got the info on my car (base spec S version mid 2009), about a year ago, shortly after I bought it, from forum member PaulP. Maybe you could send him a PM. But he is most certain not the only one.... Smile
 When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead, remember what the dormouse said: feed your head. (Jefferson Airplane)  
Post #73153214th Dec 2010 9:01 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Daytime running lights can be enabled on any D3 ..there just not set for UK as its not a requirement ( yet )

I have daytime running lights on mine ... Very Happy

Can be enabled in the ccf with the faultmate Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #73162614th Dec 2010 10:13 pm
Rennos

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

There you are then! You have the rain sensor (or you buy from TLO), you buy the sensor base from the Germans (Autoglas Darmstant) thus you do not need a new windscreen Very Happy and Wiggs can enable it for you! Thumbs Up

Result = auto lights and auto wipers

or

You go for Daytime running lights (no auto wipers)

Post #73188115th Dec 2010 12:39 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Very Happy Got a chip in my windscreen, got an hse , would I be right in thinking autoglass , fitting a new windscreen , would fit a land rover one with, a factory one , mines heated , and would it work straight away , without and need to calibrate etc , ??? Very Happy
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #73189215th Dec 2010 12:57 pm
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
auto sensors /daytime lights

many thanks to rennos,wiggs and poll for all your input Bow down as the auto light/rain sensors and the daytime lights need enabling i may well have the lot Whistle ,just need to find someone with faultmate in kent/sussex area who might be able to help.
chopper,if your screen is covered on your ins,they will fit the one for the spec of your d3,i would have thought as the auto bits were ok before,they should be afterwards.
sandy
Thumbs Up
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #73207815th Dec 2010 6:57 pm
THFC

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

choppa60 wrote:
Very Happy Got a chip in my windscreen, got an hse , would I be right in thinking autoglass , fitting a new windscreen , would fit a land rover one with, a factory one , mines heated , and would it work straight away , without and need to calibrate etc , ??? Very Happy

If you have got the sensors on your screen already then they'll fit what you have got. Make sure you ask for a stealer part only screen and they will get it in for you if they have not already got one.
There are pattern part screens available for the D3 which do come heated and with sensors but for some reason they are about a mm thinner and you find that the sensor may come unstuck on some of them. Autoglass tend to use the stealer part one's anyway.
 PRIDE OF NORTH LONDON
AUDERE-EST-FACERE 

Post #73208515th Dec 2010 7:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >